Why make the University of the Virgin Islands your University of the first choice?
- The tuition is very affordable.
- UVI offers a diverse range of degree programs.
- UVI offers continuing education non-degree and certificate courses through the Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning (CELL) Center.
- UVI is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association.
- The average class size is small enough to allow students to participate meaningfully and receive the individualized attention necessary to succeed.
- UVI is technologically advanced and has several scientific and computer laboratories for student use.
- UVI offers on-campus housing on the islands of St. Thomas and St. Croix (double and single accommodations).
- UVI is part of the National Student Exchange (NSE) program with over 170 institutions on the U.S. Mainland. UVI also participates in student exchange programs with Emory University in Atlanta, GA., Oxford College in Atlanta, GA; the State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, NY; and Universidad Internacional (UNINTER) in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
- UVI offers a wholesome campus environment. It has academically oriented, student leadership, athletic and religious organizations. There is also the Brothers with a Cause (BWC) organization and sororities with national affiliation.
- While small in size and geographically separated from the U.S. mainland, UVI has a student population that is international in makeup and global in outlook.
- UVI offers a quality education, utilizing innovative instructional techniques and state-of-the-art computer equipment in personalized and picturesque settings.
The University of the Virgin Islands is a learner-centered institution dedicated to the success of its students and committed to enhancing the lives of the people of the U.S. Virgin Islands and the wider Caribbean through excellent teaching, innovative research, and responsive community service.
The University of the Virgin Islands will be an exceptional U.S. institution of higher education in the Caribbean dedicated to student success, committed to excellence, and pledged to enhance the social and economic transformation of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
This school offers programs in: