Warwick Applied Linguistics
Working within the broad field of Applied Linguistics, we have an international reputation for our research, teaching and consultancy in the areas of language learning, teaching and assessment, discourse analysis, and intercultural communication.
Interdisciplinary in focus, our aims are to provide a high quality, friendly and student-focused learning environment for all who seek to excel in our areas of expertise, and an outstanding research and consultancy service to our professional clients.
- BA Language, Culture and Communication
- BA Linguistics with a Modern Language
- BA English Language and Linguistics
- MA English Language Teaching
- MSc Intercultural Communication for Business and the Professions
- MPhil/PhD in English Language Teaching, Applied Linguistics, Intercultural Communication, Discourse Studies
English Language & Short Courses
Our research focuses on the relationship between Applied Linguistics and professional practice in a variety of contexts, especially in the following areas for which we have active research groups:
- Language learning, teaching and assessment (LLTA)
- Professional and academic discourse (PAD)
- Working and communicating across cultures (WACC)
Facing cross-cultural communication challenges in your organisation?
- We can help you develop the intercultural competence of your staff
- We are able to design and tailor a variety of approaches to suit your specific needs
- We work with a range of organisations who want to benefit from our expertise
This school offers programs in: