University of the Arts London is in the top 5 universities in the world for art and design. We offer an extensive range of courses in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts. Our graduates go on to work in and shape creative industries worldwide.
The University draws together 6 renowned colleges, each with its own world-class reputation. Our state of the art facilities include workshops with letterpress machinery, studio theatres, gallery space as well as libraries and archives for research into hundreds of years of the greatest artists and designers.
Your passport to a successful creative future
- UAL is a world Top 5 university for art and design according to the QS World University Rankings®.
- We have launched the careers of many creative and cultural leaders with:
- Over half of all Turner Prize winners and nominees in the 30 years since its inception are UAL alumni
- 37 of the 80 Royal Academicians are UAL alumni; a further 17 are serving or former staff
- Over half of the recipients of British Designer of the Year are UAL alumni
- 10: the number of UAL alumni who are current Royal Designers for Industry for product or industrial design
- Over half of the fashion designers that showed a London Fashion Week A/W 2016 are UAL alumni
- Multiple winners in the most prestigious art and design awards: from the BP Portrait Award; Jerwood Prize; Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize; Minerva Medal; BAFTAs, Golden Globes and Oscars
- You automatically join the UAL Alumni Association once you graduate - a global network of over 200,000 creative professionals.
- We celebrate diversity, individuality and innovation and it is at the heart of what we do - learn more about diversity at UAL.
Over 100 courses in art and design
UAL's cutting edge programmes and courses delivered by an inspiring and supportive teaching staff made up of professional artists, practitioners, designers, critics and theorists.
Everything from fashion media, Fine Art through to 3D animation, graphic design and drama, there's a course for everyone. Explore our courses or find out more about studying at UAL.
The university of the future
We have launched an ambitious 7 year strategy 2015-22 with 4 key strategic areas that will ensure UAL continues to be a world-class place of learning. Learn more about our four strategic areas:
- Transformative Education
- World-leading Research and Enterprise
- Communication and Collaboration
- Building an Inspirational Environment
UAL Vice Chancellor Nigel Carrington leads a 9 person Executive Board which manages the university. It is governed by a 24 person Court of Governors, chaired by Sir John Sorrell. Turner Prize-winning artist Grayson Perry is Chancellor of UAL.
Explore the Exchange
The Teaching and Learning Exchange supports teaching and learning enhancement, working in partnership with staff and students.
We improve the student experience by working across three areas: teaching and research development, digital learning and careers and employability.
We work in partnership with academics, technicians, academic support teams and librarians across the colleges to ensure everyone involved in teaching, supporting learning and developing careers and employability, can access great courses, workshops, resources, funding opportunities and awards.
This school offers programs in: