The Faculty of Engineering at Nottingham is known for its world-class research, inspirational teaching, and diverse academic community.
By joining us at Nottingham, you will be part of a:
- more than 98% of research is of international quality, with 85% graded as ‘world-leading’ or 'internationally excellent’ (2014 Research Excellence Famework (REF)
- A UK top 10 engineering faculty (QS World University Rankings 2015/16)
- faculty with over 100 years engineering expertise
- group of exceptional and highly cited academic staff and world-leaders in their fields of research
- team committed to inspirational teaching
You’ll find the faculty is a friendly and supportive working environment. You’ll work alongside creative and inspirational people who are eager to share their experiences. We are committed to supporting talented people and to developing partnerships with industry, funding bodies and government agencies, in order to create an exemplary environment where discovery, scholarship, innovation, commercial exploitation and public engagement thrive.
By studying at Nottingham you will:
- develop high-end marketable skills
- be taught by exceptional and highly cited academic staff, often world-leaders in their field
- be part of a global postgraduate community with a network of international campuses
- graduate with an internationally recognised and valued qualification
We aim to develop graduates who:
- have a thorough grounding in their subject of study
- are aware of research priorities
- have a critical approach to knowledge
- can study independently
- engage creatively with new and exciting ideas
- have the skills and attributes to be successful in employment
The University of Nottingham
- The University of Nottingham is ranked 3rd for research power in General Engineering (REF 2014)
- ABE ranked 9th for Architecture and Built Environment (QS World University Rankings 2016).
- 6th for Chemical Engineering in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2016).
- Nottingham ranked 5th in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (The Guardian University Guide 2017).
- One of the most targeted universities in the UK by graduate employers (Number 1 most targeted university (The Graduate Market in 2014) and second most targeted university (The Graduate Market in 2015 and 2016) – High Fliers Research).
The University of Nottingham's Centre for English Language Education (CELE) provides high quality academic English and study skills preparation and support before and during students studies.
This school offers programs in: