Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. The University community thrives on exploration and discovery, and offers the right balance of excellent teaching and research, matched by an enviable quality of life.
Set in parkland overlooking Swansea Bay on the edge of the breathtaking Gower Peninsula, the University's location is captivating. With 15,921 students and 2,510 staff, Swansea's multicultural campus community provides a global perspective and opportunities to gain skills that last a lifetime.
True to the vision of its industrial founders in 1920 Swansea University will:
- Provide an environment of research excellence, with research that is world-leading, globally collaborative and internationally recognised;
- Deliver an outstanding student experience, with research-led and practice-driven teaching of the highest quality that produces global graduates educated and equipped for distinguished personal and professional achievement;
- Use its research strength, collaboration with industry and global reach, to drive economic growth, foster prosperity, enrich the community and cultural life of Wales and, contribute to the health, leisure and wellbeing of its citizens.
- The University is planning an ambitious campus expansion and development programme that will enable it to double in size and further enhance the student experience. Read about the proposed Bay Science and Innovation Campus here.
- You can also read more about the University's history, ambitions, and management.
This school offers programs in: