Each year, Oxford welcomes talented students, from all over the globe. Our students are attracted by the chance to study at an internationally-renowned university, with outstanding academic achievement and innovation.
- Oxford's teaching and research are consistently in the top rank nationally and internationally and is at the forefront of medical, scientific and technological achievement.
- The University has excellent facilities and resources for learning in its world-famous libraries, laboratories and museums.
- Students come to Oxford from 140 different countries and territories.
- Oxford's collegiate system fosters a sense of community between tutors and students, and among students themselves.
- Students have the opportunity to learn alongside leading researchers in their field.
- Oxford has strong links with research institutions, business, and industry, both in the United Kingdom and overseas.
As the oldest university in the English-speaking world, Oxford is a unique and historic institution. There is no clear date of foundation, but teaching existed at Oxford in some form in 1096 and developed rapidly from 1167 when Henry II banned English students from attending the University of Paris.
The Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment (SSEE)
The Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment (SSEE) was established in 2007 as an independent research centre of the University. In 2013, we joined the School of Geography and the Environment (SoGE), deepening our teaching programmes in collaboration with the broader department and its other research units, the Transport Studies Unit and the Environmental Change Institute. The School of Geography and the Environment and its research institutes are internationally recognised for their excellence in environmental research and scholarship. The historical origins lie in the former School of Geography, the first geography school to be established in the UK, over 100 years ago by Halford Mackinder. The ethos of SoGE is to promote research that is bold, innovative and challenging while remaining committed to the highest standards of scholarship.
This school offers programs in: