Welcome to Nottingham Business School, 'the Business School for business'. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding educational experience that will enhance your career and prospects, then this is the place for you. As one of the UK's primary providers of higher education in business, management and economics, we deliver courses that combine academic rigour with business experience and relevance. Whether you want to study for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master's, or MBA we have the right course for you and an expert faculty to help meet your needs.
Nottingham Business School is based in the Newton building, a multi-million pound, fully refurbished, Grade II listed building at the heart of the City site. It houses modern lecture theatres and teaching facilities as well as our centralised Student Support Services, Careers Service, Accommodation Office. The Newton Building houses a state of the art trading room, running leading industry software for students studying Economics, Accounting and Finance and Trading courses.
Nottingham Trent University boasts one of the best Students’ Union buildings in the UK. It reopened in September 2013 having undergone extensive redevelopment and now has 5,500 square meters of social and leisure space. The Boots Library on the City Site houses over half a million books as well as journals and eJournals is currently undergoing a £4.2 million refurbishment. By the start of the 2013/14 academic year Nottingham Trent University will have invested close to £350m in estates, equipment and staff.
Nottingham is renowned for being a trendy, inexpensive place to live with bags of personality and culture and has plenty to offer from fantastic shopping to outstanding sporting facilities. The City provides more sports facilities per head of population than anywhere else in Europe.
Undergraduate courses at Nottingham Business School
94% of our graduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (Latest DLHE Survey Undergraduate results 2013/14).
We are proud to help our students become tomorrow's business leaders, combining a stimulating learning environment with real-world experience to make sure you stand out from the crowd. Nottingham Business School is one of a few business schools to receive an excellent rating for teaching from Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
Opting for a degree at Nottingham Business School will transform you into a valuable asset for any organisation.
Postgraduate Masters at Nottingham Business School
91% of Nottingham Business School postgraduates are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving. (Latest DLHE survey postgraduate results 2012-13)
Nottingham Business School's Masters courses aim to enhance leadership with a global perspective. They are distinctive, relevant and tailored to a dynamic world. We build a thriving postgraduate community, and run a number of social events throughout the year to enable staff and students to network and make friends, starting with our ‘life changing’ residential course. All our modules are delivered using small group interactive teaching, and all students are assigned a personal tutor who will review progress and provide support. We provide you with the tools to succeed – all full time MSc students benefit from a full subscription to FT.com. We also provide leading software such as Qualtrics, Nvivo and SPSS, and help with the cost of core texts through the Blackwell’s bursary card scheme. International students benefit from free, weekly English language support.
Why study a Masters at Nottingham Business School?
- Career Enhancement - We are focused on your employability from the start, through a learning experience which integrates theory and practice. You will have the choice of major projects, including a consultancy project, conducting independent research or gaining valuable experience internationally.
- Connection to Business - We have over 900 connections with business and industry around the world, providing you with a vast international network of professionals.
- A truly international experience - We are committed to providing each of our students with an education and experience with an international perspective, no matter which course you choose to study.
- A supportive learning environment - Students consistently comment that they feel part of a positive, welcoming and supportive community during their time here.
- World class facilities - We provide a truly inspiring environment in which to study and socialize – all within a city centre setting.
We have a large number of generous scholarships available to students on our full time masters courses.
Nottingham Business School MBA
The strength of our intensive, relevant, high quality and innovative NBS MBA programme lies in its:
- strong knowledge foundations
- integrative and progressive approach
- focus on actionable knowledge, which is built into every part of the curriculum.
This adds value at every stage, accelerating and enhancing management knowledge. Our programme is distinctive, life and career enhancing providing a truly global action learning perspective.
Find out more about our unique Consultancy projects and Personal and Professional Leadership Development workshops. We also have a range of Scholarships available to assist you with your studies.
This school offers programs in: