Proud to be the top 1% of business schools worldwide*
Newcastle University Business School is one of only 20 schools to hold triple accreditation from EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB in the UK and this places the School in the *top 1% of business schools worldwide to hold this ‘triple crown’. To gain its accolades, the School has to continually demonstrate a high-quality teaching environment, innovative degree structures and active engagement with industry. This was reflected in an overall student satisfaction rate of 92% in the International Student Barometer survey.
The Business School is home to over 3,300 students of whom 38% are international. In terms of intellectual resource, it is a hub of research and teaching innovation to 137 academics, 64 of whom are Professors, Readers and Senior Lecturers.
The School’s portfolio of postgraduate taught programmes secures UK industry recognition through accreditations from 10 professional bodies.
With a distinctive emphasis on research and commitment to civic impact, the Newcastle University Business School aims at not just excellence, but ‘Excellence with a Purpose’. As a member of the Russell Group, we are committed to maintaining the very best research, and an outstanding teaching and learning experience.
Your choice of programmes
Our postgraduate taught programmes cover a range of learning experiences designed to suit the interests and varied backgrounds of students looking to explore career paths within the business world.
Programmes for professionals with managerial experience:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Global Master of Business Administration (GMA)
Programmes for applicants with a strong interest in arts or a relevant background:
Arts, Business and Creativity MA
Programmes suited for applicants with a high level of academic ability who demonstrated a keen interest in the subject through their undergraduate course:
- Advanced International Business Management (Dual Award) MA/MSc
- Advanced International Business Management and Marketing (Dual Award) MSc/MSc
- Operations Management (Dual Award) MSc/MSc
Programmes for applicants who have prior knowledge of the subject area and evidence of their mathematical ability:
- Banking and Finance MSc
- Finance MSc
- International Economics and Finance MSc
- Quantitative Finance and Risk Management MSc
Programmes for high-level graduates of other disciplines who wish to convert their knowledge to business areas or for overseas students who wish to extend their subject knowledge to a UK Master’s level:
- E-Business MSc
- E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc
- E-Business (Information Systems) MSc
- Human Resource Management MA
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship MSc
- International Business Management MA
- International Financial Analysis MA
- International Human Resource Management MA
- International Marketing MSc
- Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Operations Management, Logistics and Accounting MSc
- Strategic Planning and Investment MSc
A nine-month specialist programme in conjunction with Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) for the UK and International graduates who wish to have a professional career in accountancy and related areas:
- Finance, Accounting and Business Graduate Diploma
Your experience matters
Newcastle University graduates continue to be among the most employable in the country and as a postgraduate student you can benefit from a range of initiatives that will add value to your degree, develop your skills and acquire new knowledge.
- Become a postgraduate student representative and input directly into the University’s planning process and your programme
- Join the Newcastle Work Experience Scheme and work for a local company on a paid project
- Get involved in extracurricular activities made easy with ncl+ and a range of activities the School delivers each semester
- Join a society – with over 170 to choose from you’re spoilt for choice
- Become a student ambassador, business champion, or join ‘JobsOC’ – add valuable work experience to your CV and develop your skills
- Take advantage of one-to-one careers advice – drop into our multi-award-winning Careers Service and speak to an experienced member of staff
- Visit a career fair and meet 100s of employers without leaving Newcastle
A great place to live and study
Newcastle is a thriving city attracting over 50,000 students each year among its 250,000 population and is a favourite destination for students from across the globe. Newcastle is the dynamic capital at the heart of the North East of England and has earned a reputation as a vibrant and cosmopolitan centre thanks to significant cultural investment and the development of world-class facilities. Voted as a UK top 5 favourite cities, Newcastle is famous for its welcoming character and offers a competitive cost of living compared with other major cities. It’s a great place to live and study.
This school offers programs in: