Edinburgh Napier is an ambitious and innovative university, based in Edinburgh, the vibrant, prospering capital of Scotland.
Our programmes are created in collaboration with industry to give you the best chance of career success. Employers contribute in a variety of ways including course design, teaching, mentoring, placements and careers guidance, ensuring students will get the skills to move into employment or further study. Experienced staff also feed their expertise into course development and teaching.
We have six specialist schools, each is an impressive institution in its own right, with world-class facilities, academics, researchers and international links:
- The Business School
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Arts & Creative Industries
- School of Computing
- School of Engineering & the Built Environment
- School of Health & Social Care
Edinburgh Napier’s three campuses are equipped with cutting-edge, industry-standard facilities, including a biomechanics lab, journalism newsroom, games lab, and film, photography and music studios. You will be based primarily on one campus depending on your course choice, but you’re welcome to explore all locations and use the facilities at each.
Craiglockhart: Home to the Business School, Craiglockhart Campus blends the old and the new. Set within attractive grounds overlooking Edinburgh, facilities include 200- and 400-seat lecture theatres and language and multimedia labs. It's also home to the University’s innovation and enterprise centre, Bright Red Triangle.
Merchiston: Engineering and built environment, computing and creative industries students are based at Merchiston. Here, students will find the 24-hour Jack Kilby Computing Centre, the Edinburgh Napier Students’ Association, a computer games lab, newsroom, TV, radio and photography studios and soundproofed industry-standard music studios.
Sighthill: The Sighthill Campus serves more than 5,000 students and staff from the Schools of Applied Sciences, and Health and Social Care. Facilities include life-like hospital wards, a clinical skills suite, sports science labs and a sports centre.
Living in Edinburgh
Vibrant, cosmopolitan and consistently voted one of the best cities in the world, Edinburgh is the perfect place to experience student life or build your career. It's big enough to have everything you need, yet small enough to feel like home, and is the 3rd safest city in the world (Post Office Travel Insurance, March 2015). No matter where you are from, Edinburgh is ready to welcome students.
- 95.1% of our students are in work or further study six months after graduating (HESA 2014/15).
- Our courses are accredited by over 100 professional bodies.
- Many of our courses have a work-placement opportunity, giving you practical skills and experience to prepare for your future career.
- Edinburgh Napier University has been awarded five stars for teaching and for employability by the prestigious QS Stars ratings.
- Edinburgh is home to four universities and over 100,000 students. It is regularly voted the ‘Best city in the UK’ and was named as the “fourth most beautiful city in the world” (Rough Guide 2015).
- We are a global community with 4,000 international students studying on-campus.
- Our three campuses are equipped with cutting-edge, industry-standard facilities.
- We have supported more than350 student start-up companies in the last ten years.
- We have dedicated support teams to help you every step of the way, from before you arrive after you graduate.
- You will have access to 1,600 computers and 500,000 print and audio-visual learning materials.
Edinburgh Napier offers a number of scholarships and discounts to support students looking to study with us. For a full list of scholarships and eligibility criteria, visit our bursaries and scholarships page.
This school offers programs in: