About CSU San Marcos
Welcome to California State University San Marcos. We are a new kind of CSU — fully engaged in our community, technologically sophisticated, and dedicated to teaching future generations through a relevant curriculum with a global perspective.
What makes CSU San Marcos so special?
- High quality, close instruction through our four colleges and Extended Learning programs
- Accessible faculty — 100% of full-time faculty hold Ph.D.s or the highest degree in their field
- A technology-rich campus — the entire campus is equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access, and numerous "smart" classrooms offer advanced multimedia equipment as a teaching and learning tool
- A fun campus — more than 100 student clubs and organizations, the Clarke Field House and an active Associated Students, Inc.
- An expanding campus — construction on our new university student union is now underway. In addition, a state-of-the-art Social & Behavioral Sciences building, a parking structure, and a public safety building have been completed in the last two years.
- A beautiful campus — 304 rolling acres nestled in the foothills above the City of San Marcos, and a short distance to the beaches of the Pacific Ocean and the Mexican border
We believe you will find this new kind of university to your liking — and you will be able to stand out and grow here.
This school offers programs in: