About CSU San Marcos
Welcome to California State University San Marcos. We are a new kind of CSU — fully engaged in our community, technologically sophisticated, and dedicated to teaching future generations through a relevant curriculum with a global perspective.
What makes CSU San Marcos so special?
- High quality, close instruction through our four colleges and Extended Learning programs
- Accessible faculty — 100% of full-time faculty hold Ph.D.s or the highest degree in their field
- A technology-rich campus — the entire campus is equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access, and numerous "smart" classrooms offer advanced multimedia equipment as a teaching and learning tool
- A fun campus — more than 100 student clubs and organizations, the Clarke Field House and an active Associated Students, Inc.
- An expanding campus — construction on our new university student union is now underway. In addition, a state-of-the-art Social & Behavioral Sciences building, a parking structure, and a public safety building have been completed in the last two years.
- A beautiful campus — 304 rolling acres nestled into the foothills above the City of San Marcos, and a short distance to the beaches of the Pacific Ocean and the Mexican border
We believe you will find this new kind of university to your liking — and you will be able to stand out and grow here.
This school offers programs in:
View MScs »
This school also offers:
This program is one of the more practical and applicable biotechnology degrees available in the San Diego area.
Professional Science Master in Biotechnology
CSUSM offers a Professional Science Master degree in Biotechnology (PSMBt). Comprising 38 units of a combination of Biotechnology and Business classes over five semesters, this program is one of the more practical and applicable biotechnology degrees available in the San Diego area. Biotech industry leaders have overwhelmingly indicated a need for business training in addition to laboratory experience with hands-on understanding of the increasingly complex technologies being developed in the biotech industry.
Facts about CSUSM's PSMBt program:
38 credits/units over five semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer, Fall, Spring)
cohort-style program structure guarantees classes
evening classes to accommodate working professionals
combines business courses with science
includes regulatory affairs, statistics, intellectual property, bioengineering and more
requires a Semester-in Residence project working with a selected industry leader
culminates in a public presentation of the project
often results in immediate job placement or advancement
Financial Aid is available
Cohorts begin every fall semester. Now accepting applications for Fall 2014.
"The Professional Science Master is an innovative graduate degree designed to allow students to pursue advanced training and excel in science without a Ph.D., while simultaneously developing highly-valued business skills without the additional time and money needed to obtain an MBA. Programs are characterized by combining rigorous study in science with skill-based coursework in management, law, intellectual property and regulatory affairs," says the Council of Graduate Schools. PSM programs emphasize writing and communication skills and require a final real-world project or team experience in a business or public sector enterprise.
Welcome to CSUSM: Imagine the Possibilities