The mission of York College is to transform lives through Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to God, family, and society.
Transform York College exists to support God’s transformational work in the lives of people. Curricular and co-curricular programs and experiences intend to lead the entire community to a positive expression of spiritual values. Educate Academic discovery is a God-honoring endeavor characterized by the pursuit of truth and inquiry within the context of intellectual disciplines. The responsible handling of academic freedom provides Christian scholars opportunities to explore both a diverse world and their faith. Equip A rapidly changing professional, social, and technological environment dictates that each student is encouraged to apply critical thinking and knowledge integration skills, and to evaluate changing circumstances in the context of faith. Serve Service is the means by which people of God live out their faith. Christ calls us to lives of service expressed by faith, both locally and globally, as we respond to opportunities to the needs of others. Goals Students will:
- intentionally be brought face to face with Jesus and his teachings, thereby encouraging a transformation into his likeness. (transform)
- attain an institutional standard for written and oral communication that supports success in a variety of settings. (educate)
- be introduced to the integration of knowledge through the traditions consistent with a liberal arts education. (educate)
- be equipped to become life-long learners. (equip)
- experience ongoing engagement in service opportunities (campus-based, local, regional, and global) and regular participation in organizations and activities that directly relate to their chosen academic discipline and career goals. (serve)
This school offers programs in: