Developing Life-long leaders For the World of Business
For more than 75 years, The University of Toledo College of Business Administration has offered more than a business education - COBA offers a business experience.
COBA courses lay the foundation for commerce basics, offering hands-on learning and career opportunities that set COBA programs apart.
COBA students don't just learn about the stock market-they participate in trading simulations and have the opportunity to invest more than $1 million.
COBA students don't just read about business leaders and innovators - they meet and speak with them, including college alumni.
COBA students don't just prepare for the job market - they are in it, as more than 90 percent of our students participate in at least one internship. In addition to internships, Business Career Programs begins preparing students for careers early in their academic career with courses, mock interviews with employers, and job fairs with record-setting employer participation.
COBA graduates become life-long business leaders.
Established in 1930, the College of Business Administration of The University of Toledo is fully accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Among the diverse economic activities in metropolitan Toledo are retailing, financial services, and both large and small manufacturing firms. The Port of Toledo and many other enterprises make Toledo an ideal place for the study of business.
Students can obtain practical experience through University and department-sponsored internships. Such programs enable students to apply skills and business theories to actual situations. In this and other ways, the business community becomes a laboratory for students and helps make the transition from the classroom to the world of work easier and more natural.
Points of Pride
The College of Business Administration
- offers a variety of quality academic programs including a College Honors Program and one of only five professional sales degrees in the country
- Is one of only 15 percent of colleges worldwide to achieve AACSB accreditation
- Maintains a low faculty-to-student ratio and an average class size of 30 to 35
- Provides excellent internship opportunities with 90 percent of undergraduate student completing at least one internship
- Awards more than $250,000 in scholarships each year to new and continuing business students
- Boasts an 80 percent placement rate college-wide and a 100 percent placement rate in the Schmidt School of Professional Sales
- John B. and Lillian Neff stock Trading Room is one of only 30 facilities in the United States offering students live and delayed feeds from all of the world’s stock exchanges
- Students have an opportunity to manage a $1 million investment fund for the UT Foundation
- Student services advisers have been recognized for their student-centeredness, with each receiving the “UT Outstanding Adviser” award.
Mission Statement (Adopted 12/5/03)
We, the College of Business Administration, are committed to preparing a diverse body of students for life-long careers as leaders and contributing professionals, and enhancing the world of business practice.
In so doing, we support the mission of The University of Toledo, a student-centered public metropolitan research institution, primarily through a balanced emphasis on the development and superior delivery of business degree programs at the undergraduate, masters and doctoral levels, contribution of influential research and publications, and engagement with our community in general and the business community in particular as well as serving as a resource for regional economic development.
The College promotes and is dedicated to an environment conducive to innovation and continuous improvement through a shared set of core values and commitments that include mutual respect, professional development, ethical conduct, individual accountability, diversity, equal opportunity, and freedom of inquiry and expression.
"Developing Life-Long Leaders for the World of Business.."
The College of Business Administration at The University of Toledo aspires to be a recognized leader among public metropolitan universities by:
- Moving to the next level of excellence in teaching, research and outreach.
- Building our reputation in selected areas as a learning partner of choice for students and business community.
- Becoming noted for the integration of knowledge and practice.
- Strengthening our adaptability and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Enhancing our graduates' ability to compete in and contributing to the global business marketplace.