The College of Arts & Sciences is USF St. Petersburg’s largest college, offering a wide range of academic programs. The College has a legacy of providing programs of excellence in a student-centered atmosphere. World-class research and creative activities are carried out in one of the most beautiful metropolitan campuses in the U.S. Take some time to explore our offerings, where “the world will recognize your degree and your professors will know your name.”
College of Arts and Sciences Mission
To embody the principles and activities of a research intensive liberal arts college, where our graduates will be well trained within their disciplines, and thus prepared for graduate of professional schools. Our students will have the critical skills, broad outlook, and civic awareness that will make them engaged and productive citizens. In short, our students will be recognized as citizen scholars.
- Make significant and meaningful contributions to ongoing dialogues in our academic fields;
- Expect our undergraduates and graduate students to engage in research – where feasible, in collaboration with faculty;
- Cultivate a vigorous liberal arts culture by recruiting talented and diverse faculty and students, maintaining small class sizes, and mentoring those students we have;
- Encourage free discussions, foster critical thinking, demand that our students write, and when possible, to work across disciplines;
- Initiate and expand graduate programs and develop formal academic ties to other graduate programs within the University of South Florida system;
- Introduce, as part of the mosaic of learning experiences at USFSP, civic engagement, service learning, and experiential learning into classes, when appropriate.
Dean Biafora's Welcome
Welcome and thank you for your interest in our graduate offerings at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg (USFSP).
As a dynamic research-active institution, USFSP College of Arts & Sciences offers world-class academics and personalized real-world experience in a culturally vibrant, urban, waterfront community. Our student body is diverse; reflecting the demographics of the region, the state, and the nation.
Our distinguished faculty is recognized locally, nationally and around the world for their excellence in research and scholarship. Our flexible programs are designed to meet the needs of the students–from the fully on-line degree in Digital Journalism and Media Studies to the hands-on research focused Psychology graduate program.
I encourage you to reach out to the Graduate Program Director of the program of your interest to learn more.
Our story at USFSP continues to be written and we are excited to invite you to be a part of our future. Join us in the exploration that is graduate education and research at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg.
This school offers programs in: