Founded as a local college for men by Bishop Patrick R. Heffron in 1912, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is today a global and diverse learning community educating students of every age, race, and nationality. The Lasallian Catholic university has been offering on-campus graduate programs since the 1970s and expanded in the mid-1980s to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse adult population, much of which required evening and weekend classes to accommodate full-time work schedules. Fulfilling its commitment to accessibility and innovation, the university today offers undergraduate and graduate-level courses on the ground and in blended formats at numerous on- and off-campus locations, as well as entirely online to meet the needs of today’s professional population.
Why the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota Online?
- An established, respected institution with nearly a century’s worth of teaching history.
- Best Midwestern Colleges – 2015 by The Princeton Review
- A “College of Distinction” recognized for excellence in our ability to engage students, provide outstanding teaching, offer vibrant learning communities, and produce successful outcomes.
Online Learning Experience at Saint Mary’s
- Tap into the world’s most powerful learning tool. From the people that invented practical education comes a truly mobile classroom.
- Every student receives an iPad® to use for the duration of their program.
- Highly interactive learning experience designed to foster peer to peer and faculty relationships
- 24/7 access to courses and technical support
- Eight-week online course format cover the same content as on campus
Support Services for Online Students
- Program Managers – help students complete their application and assist in compiling their admissions file. They also walk students through orientation after acceptance.
- Student Services and Academic Advising – assist with registration, help with course selection, go over graduation requirements and are there for any questions students have along the way.
- Faculty Office Hours – a number of faculties offer weekly office hours to answer any questions students may have.
- IT Support – Saint Mary’s offers 24/7 technology support.
- Library – all online students have access to the library at Saint Mary’s that offers virtual research and reference materials, interlibrary loan, live chat, and more.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid counselors can help with applying for federal aid, identifying scholarships and loan opportunities, and budgeting assistance.
Earn Your BSN in One Year! "Best in the Midwest" in 2015 by The Princeton Review
“All the faculty is working in the field or they have worked in the field, and they're teaching specific classes that they are experts in." - Melanie Torborg, Program Director, Master's in Accounting "For someone like myself, who had been away from academics for 20 years and had a family, this program was designed around my schedule." - Andrew Nath, Alumni "Most of our students will identify that they're learning and applying what they're gaining right away in their work settings." - Diana-Christine Teodorescu, Faculty
This school offers programs in: