Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) is a nationally recognized university that educates and develops professional and community leaders through its excellent faculty and programs. With a student-to-teacher ratio of 16-to-1, SIUE offer the advantages of a small, liberal arts college.
SIUE offers the lowest tuition rate of all public universities in Illinois. Low tuition cost, combined with undergraduate tuition reductions, graduate assistantships, competitive graduate awards and a low cost of living, makes SIUE an affordable choice for a quality education. SIUE offers highly regarded master’s programs plus post-baccalaureate certificates, specialist degrees and doctoral degrees. With more than 2,600 graduate students enrolled, SIUE is committed to educating a distinguished and diverse cohort of master’s and doctoral students.
SIUE is known for its welcoming and friendly environment and offers strong support for international students with admissions, immigration, academic advising, career placement and cultural integration. The student body is comprised of nearly 25 percent minority and international students. SIUE students interact with faculty at all levels, which is a critical factor in academic success.
SIUE’s location is ideal. The 2,660-acre campus features beautiful landscapes, bike trails, canoeing and gardens. International students enjoy a safe, suburban campus environment with easy access to the St. Louis area where they can access cultural events, professional opportunities and convenient travel at a major international airport.
The SIUE campus is only 25 minutes from downtown St. Louis, Missouri. Voted one of the fastest growing cities for tech jobs by CNN, St. Louis is an excellent place for students to seek internships and careers. SIUE students have access to internship and cooperative training opportunities at the many technical, industrial and professional companies located in the metropolitan area. This hands-on experience translates into career success. SIUE international students have gone on to jobs with IBM, Dell, Monsanto, Intel and Microsoft, to name a few.
Dedicated to serving its international students, SIUE is committed to making application decisions in a timely manner. Once all materials have been submitted, SIUE can have an admission decision on a graduate application in as little as six weeks.
As important as location, affordability and teacher-student ratios, we are an institution with a clear purpose and mission. There is ample evidence that we have achieved excellence in education and that we are a premier metropolitan University:
- U.S. News & World ReportBest Colleges consistentlylists SIUE among the top public universities in the best Regional Universities Midwest (master's granting) category. The overall scores are based on the academic preparedness of students, graduation rates, faculty characteristics and the reputation of SIUE in higher education.
- Washington Monthlyconsistently ranks SIUE among the Top master’s universities in the nation. Unlike conventional college rankings, the national magazineevaluates an institution’s “contribution to the public good” in three broad categories:categories: social mobility, research and service.
- The nationally recognized online news magazine,The Daily Beast,ranks SIUE 21st in the nation among its Top 50 Safest Colleges.
- The Carnegie Commission categorizes SIUE as primarily a residential campus. We provide student life activities comparable to many larger universities.
- Morethan half of the international student population at SIUE can be found in the School of Engineering,one of the most comprehensive engineering schools in the region offering a broad range of professionally accredited programs.
- Biology and chemistry graduates in the College of Arts and Sciences are regularly accepted and excel in medical and dental schools.
- The Princeton Review consistently lists the School of Business as a top business school in the United States and abroad.
- SIUE is fully certified at the Division I level by the NCAA and is as a member of the Ohio Valley Conference, the Missouri Valley Conference (men’s soccer) and the Southern Conference (wrestling).
This school offers programs in: