Point Loma Nazarene University is known for being forward-thinking. At PLNU, academics, faith, and community are all vital. Students benefit from this balanced approach to education and leave PLNU prepared to think, act, and contribute to the world. In addition to more than 60 undergraduate areas of study, PLNU offers graduate program regional centers throughout Southern California. PLNU serves more than 3,500 students.
Did you know?
- Since 2004, over 90 percent of PLNU students who have applied for admission to medical, dental, optometry, pharmacy, and veterinary schools have been admitted.
- In the 2008 Open Doors report, PLNU’s study abroad program ranked 15th in the nation (among master’s degree-granting institutions) for a percentage of undergraduates participating – about 30 percent of graduating seniors have studied abroad.
- PLNU is nationally recognized for its leadership in the area of sustainability – winning San Diego Environmental Services Recycler of the Year Award four out of the last six years and being named one of America's 100 greenest schools by the Sierra Club in both 2010 and 2011.
- Through PLNU's LoveWorks Short-term Mission Program, more than 2,000 students, faculty, staff, and alumni have served people in need in approximately 60 world areas.
- PLNU’s Center for International Development researches sustainable business practices and solutions to global poverty.
- Since 2005, 22 student films/TV programs have won awards or appeared at film festivals.
- PLNU’s Speech and Debate Team has been the national champion in the National Parliamentary Debate Associations’ yearlong sweepstakes competition four out of the last seven years, competing against such schools as UC Berkeley and UCLA.