In 1912, Marquette University acquired the Trinity Hospital Training School for Nursing and the nurses' residence. Soon after that acquisition, the nursing school became a division of higher education at Marquette and graduated 18 nursing students. At that time, Marquette was the only university in Wisconsin to offer a three-year nursing certificate.
In 1936, the School of Nursing became a constituent college of Marquette University with a four-year collegiate program designed by the college's first dean, Dr. Berenice Beck.
Today, the College of Nursing is housed in Emory T. Clark Hall on the west side of the Marquette campus. The 46,000-square-foot building includes office, classroom and laboratory space, including our Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Center for Clinical Simulation, which provides a realistic health care environment where our students can strengthen essential clinical competencies, develop sound clinical reasoning and prepare for high-risk situations.
53233 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA