Why Kent State Online?
Our Rich Tradition Since its founding in 1910, Kent State has been an engine for economic, cultural and workforce innovation. You might know Kent State as the second largest public university in Ohio, with more than 44,000 students enrolled on eight campuses and online across 280 majors. You might not know its tradition of innovation and leadership.
- Liquid crystal technology was born at Kent State and is still actively researched.
- The Fashion School at Kent State is a world-renowned leader, with campuses, partnerships, and noted alumni that span the globe.
- The School of Library and Information Science is ranked #18 in the country by U.S. News & World Report and is home to several online graduate programs.
- While enrollment at other universities has declined, Kent State University reported its highest-ever enrollment in Fall 2012 while increasing student quality. The incoming class of Fall 2013 boasted the highest-ever grade point average in Kent campus history.
- Kent State is a pioneer in online and distance education, offering its first online programs over 15 years ago. Kent State now offers more than 30 degree and certificate programs online, unmatched by most peer universities.
Our Global Community When you enroll online, you’ll learn alongside a global network of peers. You’ll learn from industry-leading faculty. More than 2,000 full- and part-time faculty at Kent State have degrees from more than 150 national and international institutions. They hail from six different continents. More than 70 percent have attained the highest degree in their fields. And when you graduate from Kent State, you’ll join 214,000 alumni representing all 50 states and more than 100 countries. Your Bright Future Kent State University is moving forward. Visit Kent State, and you’ll find a revitalized campus that is re-connected to a thriving local community. Enroll online, and you’ll find innovative programs that anticipate changes in the global marketplace, including:
- One of the first and only Master’s programs in User Experience Design
- A Master’s and certificate program in the growing field of Health Informatics
- A re-envisioned Master’s in Criminology & Criminal Justice, with concentrations in high-demand areas including global security and victimology
We believe that new ideas matter. And we’re putting new ideas to work every day. Are you ready to challenge yourself in an environment of like-minded achievers? To prepare yourself as a next-generation leader? To move your career – and yourself – forward? Kent State is ready for you.
This school offers programs in: