Kaplan University is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing innovative undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education. Our programs foster student learning with opportunities to launch, enhance, or change careers in today’s diverse global society.* The University is committed to general education, a student-centered service and support approach, and applied scholarship in a practical environment.
About Kaplan University
Are you committed to achieving your educational and career goals? Kaplan University offers online, campus-based, and blended programs in fields such as business, information systems and technology, criminal justice, education, legal studies, social and behavioral sciences, health sciences, and nursing. Students can earn associate's, bachelor's, and master's degrees as well as certificates and diplomas.
Who We Are
Kaplan University is part of Kaplan, Inc., which provides a broad range of educational services around the world, including higher education and professional training, test preparation, and learning programs for kids and schools. Each of Kaplan’s offerings helps students reach an important milestone in their education and careers.
Kaplan University is a lifelong partner for career development, delivering a best-in-class educational experience with an unmatched commitment to student success. Our objectives are as follows:
- Providing academic programs that have been developed and assessed by faculty, staff, and members of educational, professional, and business communities
- Offering intensive, comprehensive online and on-site instruction designed to strengthen student academic achievement
- Instilling in students the value of lifelong learning by stimulating intellectual curiosity, creative and critical thinking, and awareness of culture and diversity
- Planning and providing facilities and resources that respond to the needs of students, faculty, and staff
- Assisting students in developing professional attitudes, values, skills, and strategies that help foster success in their careers and in life
- Preparing students to meet the ever-changing needs of their communities
Kaplan University’s core values define our culture and provide the framework for what we deliver to our students and employees each day.
- Integrity - We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in everything we do.
- Support - We give you the tools you need to succeed.
- Knowledge - We offer expert resources to help you achieve your academic and career best.
- Opportunity - We help open doors and broaden access to education.
- Results - We're dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. We succeed when you succeed.
As one of the world’s leading providers of lifelong education with operations around the globe, Kaplan has evolved well beyond our historic roots in test preparation. We now serve students of all ages through a wide array of educational offerings. These include programs for postsecondary education, professional training, and more.
Since the founding of the American Institute of Commerce in 1937, Kaplan University has embraced innovative strategies in responding to employment demands, employer needs, teaching methods, and the use of educational resources.
Our Tuition Cap
Kaplan University is constantly searching for ways to help students seek a brighter future, and that includes making sure our tuition costs are as low as possible. That is why we are introducing the Kaplan University Tuition Cap.
How it works: When you enroll in a participating Tuition Cap program at Kaplan University, your tuition will be capped, ensuring that you only pay a fixed amount for your education. Once you hit your cap, you will no longer have to make any payments for the rest of your education at Kaplan University, even if you have to retake a course, as long as you meet and maintain all enrollment requirements for the Kaplan University Tuition Cap program.
Why it helps: If you enroll in a Tuition Cap program with no prior learning credits, your tuition will reflect a 33% savings compared to the cost of other Kaplan University degrees.† It’s part of our promise to help make college education more accessible and more affordable. Click here for answers to commonly asked questions.
For Kaplan University Gainful Employment program disclosure information, click here.
(*) Kaplan University cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
(†) Enrollees in programs eligible for Tuition Cap pricing will pay the same tuition cost per quarter credit hour and fees as for other under¬graduate programs/enrollees plus $200 per-term administrative fee and other fees. The total cost of the program, though, will be capped. Savings based on amount of transfer credits, if any, awarded. Students who receive transfer credit typically study for significantly fewer terms and do not qualify for maximum savings. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details.
This school offers programs in: