“At Drury, I make invaluable connections every day that empowers me to make a difference in my life and the lives of others.”
About Drury University
Drury is a new kind of university that honors and effectively links liberal arts and sciences to the study of professional areas. In doing so, students are more authentically connected to:
- Why what they are learning matters and how they can apply it in real life.
- Why decisions, both personally and professionally, should come from a place of ethics and morality.
- Faculty: accessibility is a point of pride for us because we are a teaching university.
- The community: in the classroom, on campus and beyond.
- Thought leaders and mentors: from freshman year to graduation to job search to alumni connections. At Drury, students make lifelong connections.
- Wellness and sustainability as a way of life rather than a task. We believe healthy people lead happier, longer, more productive lives.
- Community outreach as part of a life well lived.
- A spirit of entrepreneurship, which inspires confidence, creativity, and accountability.
- An environment of collaboration where students are actively involved in enhancing their Drury experience.
- A life well lived: Drury students learn how to connect dreams and aspirations to successful futures.
Drury University is an independent university, church-related in the liberal arts tradition, and committed to personalized education in a community of scholars who value the arts of teaching and learning. Education at Drury seeks to cultivate spiritual sensibilities and imaginative faculties as well as ethical insight and critical thought; to foster the integration of theoretical and practical knowledge, and to liberate persons to participate responsibly in and contribute to a global community.
With abiding commitments to our heritage and with renewed commitments to the global community and innovative teaching and scholarship, Drury University will be a premier university where the finest teacher/scholars and professional staff educate students to become engaged, ethical and compassionate citizens for servant leadership in communities characterized by change, complexity, and global interdependence.
To become the premier university in the 21st Century that we envision, we will create and demonstrate Drury University’s competitive edge, articulate its competitive differences, align all of its academic programs with strategic objectives, build an endowment to support its strategic objectives, measure its success and manage by results. The Strategic Imperatives and Objectives detailed below map our path for the years 2015-2018 and position Drury University to celebrate its sesquicentennial in 2023.
This school offers programs in: