A pioneer in distance learning since its founding in 1973, the University offers online degree programs designed for students whose geographic, professional, or personal time commitments keep them from completing their education in traditional on-campus programs.
Here are a few reasons why students choose to study at CCU
• Flexible programs designed to fit into your busy schedule
• Low tuition with interest free payment plans for $100 per month
• Quality Student Services Department
• Textbook rental library
• Self-paced study with no set meeting or exam dates
• Academic credit for previous work experience
• Encouraging faculty to assist you throughout the program
• Discounts for Service Members and immediate family
• Accreditation by the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)
California Coast University holds accreditation through the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The DETC is an educational association located in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1926, and has become the agency that sets the standard for all distance education institutions.
The Accrediting Commission of the DETC is listed by the United States Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. The Secretary of Education is required by law to publish a list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies that the Secretary determines to be reliable authorities as to the quality of education provided by the institutions of higher education.
An agency seeking recognition by the Secretary must meet the Secretary's procedures and criteria for the recognition of accrediting agencies. First recognized by the Department of Education in 1959, the DETC was most recently reviewed in 2001 as part of the normal evaluation process.
The Accrediting Commission of the DETC is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). CHEA is a private nonprofit national organization that coordinates accreditation activity in the United States. It carries forward a long tradition that recognition of accrediting organizations should be a key strategy to ensure quality, accountability, and improvement in higher education. Recognition by CHEA affirms that standards and processes of accrediting organizations are consistent with quality, improvement, and accountability expectations that CHEA has established.
Professional and Academic Affiliations and Listings
- ACICS Transfer Alliance
- Alliance of Private Postsecondary Approved Institutions
- American Association for School Personnel Administrators
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions (AACRAO)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- California Post Secondary Education Commission (CPEC)
- California Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education Directory (BPPVE)
- California Private Post Secondary Directory
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- DANTES Catalog of Nationally Accredited Distance Learning Programs (NADLP)
- Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)
- Higher Education Directory (HED)
- Higher Education Transfer Alliance (HETA)
- National College Credit Recommendation Service (CCRS)
- Patterson's Guide to American Education
- United States Department of Education (USDoE)
- VA List of Approved Schools
This school offers programs in: