Since its founding in 1827, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world dedicated to advancing knowledge.
KTH is a university with a rich history of pioneering ideas and innovation that dates back to 1827. For nearly 200 years KTH has educated students who have gone on to influence our present and make the technological advances that define modern society. Still today, KTH shapes the talents that will find the solutions for tomorrow’s challenges.
The four KTH campuses in Greater Stockholm, gather more than 12,000 full-time students, some 1,900 PhD students and approximately 3,700 full-time employees. The campuses are strategically located close to their areas of research and study, for example, KTH Kista is situated in the middle of the Kista ICT hub, with some of the world’s leading Information and Communications Technology companies. One of our other campuses, KTH Flemingsberg, is located in one of Northern Europe’s leading medical technology centres for research and industrial activity.
KTH is working with industry and society in the pursuit of sustainable solutions to some of humanity’s greatest challenges: climate change, future energy supply, urbanisation and quality of life for the rapidly-growing elderly population. We are addressing these with world-leading, high-impact research and education in natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy. Almost two-thirds of the SEK 4 billion turnovers relates to research.
Basic and applied research is performed side-by-side at KTH and interdisciplinary research is conducted in parallel with work in specific fields.
KTH maintains close relationships with an expanding network of international companies and the industrial community in a number of fields, and working and studying here provides access to this network.
The latest career report shows that 94 percent of those who graduated from KTH 2010-2012 have been in employment since they finished their degree and a remaining part of the 6 percent have gone on to PhD studies. Of the international student population, 28 percent go on to PhD studies at KTH or other renowned universities. 32 percent of KTH Alumni leave Sweden for work or studies abroad. 13 percent lead others in their work, and 13 percent have already received their first managerial position.
This school offers programs in: