The UPCT was established in the year of 1998. Even though the science of engineering and economics have such a long tradition in Cartagena, the UPCT is the youngest University throughout Spain. It can be said that the combination of tradition and modernity gives us a vibrant, adventurous and innovative character. Hundreds of students from all over Europe and Latin America have already been registered at our University. We greatly welcome applications from students from all over the world and we highly appreciate the different life experience and diversity they bring to Cartagena. Consequently, it is not surprising that many students across the world have already been registered for one of our master programs or have already applied for an admission to do a doctorate with us. We would like to continue to set a high value to an international atmosphere. Our international commitment was encouraged by the corporation with the University of Murcia, in the year of 2010.
Which possibilities are there to study at the Technical University of Cartagena?
In order to find out how to start studying at the UPCT, we recommend you to contact our International Office. Our employees will be happy to inform you about our agreements with partner universities, scholarships, doctoral programs and with any other questions you might have.
How do I register at the UPCT and what are the requirements?
Application Requirements for an Undergraduate Study Program Before registering for an undergraduate study program (bachelor´s degree), you have to translate and to validate your secondary school leaving certificate. This procedure is necessary to prove that your certificate is equivalent to the Spanish “Bachillerato”. The “Ministerio de Educación Español”, a Spanish education agency, is responsible to confirm your high school diploma. The University Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), a distance learning University, will prepare an admission test for international students. Students from the European Union or from countries that have an agreement with our University have direct access to study here and are not obligated to take the test. Furthermore, as most classes are conducted in Spanish, you should have sufficient knowledge of the Spanish language. Application Requirements for a Graduate Study Program As a rule, if you are interested in applying for a Master´s degree program, you must have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Unless your degree is not from the European higher education area, you can obtain the certification of your degree on the website of the UPCT, when registering for one of our programs Further information concerning the process execution of your application will be sent to you via e-mail. The following documents are necessary to register at our university:
- Valid passport
- A university degree that enables you to apply for a postgraduate study program
- Official certification of your university degree
- A set of an official academic credential or transcript that indicates the following:
- Dates on which your studies were undertaken
- Name of your studies
- The subjects covered
- Grades you have earned in each subject
It could be possible that you have to submit additional documentation to support your application. At last, your documents have to be:
- Officially issued by the responsible authorities.
- Submitted legalized.
Please only submit certified copies of your original certificates and of the translation. Never send originals! We recommend you to contact your own or the Spanish Embassy to receive further information.
What can you study at the Technical University of Cartagena?
The UPCT offers our students several different study programs:
- Bachelor degree programs.
- Undergraduate degree programs.
School of Architecture and Building
- Degree in Engineering Building.
- Degree in Architecture Fundamentals.
- Master’s degree in Architectural Heritage.
- Master’s degree in Science and Building Technology.
School of Civil Engineering
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Degree in Energy and Mineral Resource Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Water and Soil Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
School of Agricultural Engineering
- Master’s degree in Advanced Techniques for Agricultural Alimentary Research and Development.
- Degree in Agri-Food Engineering and Biological Systems
- Master of Agronomic Engineering
- Interuniversity Master in Bioinformatics
School of Industrial Engineering
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Degree in Industrial Electronics and Automation.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Degree in Industrial Chemical Engineering.
- Degree in Industrial Technologies Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Environmental and Sustainable Ecological Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Renewable Energies.
- Master’s degree in Electrochemistry, Science, and Technology.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering.
- University Master in Electronic Systems and Instrumentation
School of Naval and Oceanic Engineering
- A degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
- University Master in Naval and Ocean Engineering
School of Telecommunications Engineering
- Degree in Telematic Engineering.
- Degree in Telecommunication Systems.
- Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Interuniversity Master in Mobile Communication and Digital Content
Faculty of Economic and Business Science
- Degree in Business Administration and Management.
- Master’s degree in Business Management and in the Management of Touristic Institutions.
- Inter-university Master´s degree in Corporate Finance and Accounting.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Inter-university Master’s degree in Labor Intermediation and Guidance.
- Inter-university Master’s degree in Occupational Risk Prevention.
- International MBA program.
- Trading within the European Union: a legal and economic approach.
University Center of Defense (Public affiliated School)
- A degree in Industrial Organization.
This school offers programs in: