Harbour.Space is an innovative private university that combines technology and design, taught by industry leaders from around the world. The university is located in Barcelona, Spain.
We are Harbour.Space
A space for learning at the highest level, situated in globally admired creative hub and harbour city: Barcelona, Spain. We are the only university in Europe that teaches both technology and design. We offer innovative computer science, data science, and cyber security and interaction design programs aimed at giving our students meaningful and creatively satisfying top-level professional futures. We think the future is bright if you make it so.
At Harbour.Space the protagonist is the student, because it’s our students who are in charge of the future. Our mission is to nurture and accelerate talent, supported by the most knowledgeable and successful people in technology and design. Harbour.Space allows for brilliant ideas to flourish and produce solutions to contemporary societal challenges around themes such as the environment, health, energy and security. We aim to become the most progressive educational technology and design institution on a global level. By collaborating at the highest level with industry and academia, we endeavor to develop an unparalleled environment for cross-pollination of scientific and creative disciplines that leads to ground-breaking research and fast and flexible ways to apply new knowledge in practice.
If we could, we would travel to the future and get the pioneers in technology and design from 2050 to teach students everything they need to make a brilliant tomorrow happen. But that’s against the rules of physics. Instead, we gather all aspects of the world today that are creating tomorrow and bring them together for our students at Harbour.Space: our faculty is made up of the most excellent scientists, entrepreneurs and creative geniuses. Our immersive learning approach means real-world problems take center stage in the classroom, not textbook challenges. Brilliant ideas are born in collaboration, through experimentation by crossing every possible academic boundary. We know this is true in business, now we’re making it happen in our university.
- 42 University Paris
- Technical University of Munich
- X-labs Tsinghua
- Academic University of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Moscow Physics and Technology Institute
- Hasso Plattner Institute
Living in Barcelona
Studying in Barcelona has the following advantages:
- Barcelona is #1 in Europe for quality of life and clearness of environment (2012 Quality of Life City Rankings – Mercer Survey)
- Barcelona is #1 in the world for the level of infrastructure and urban development (2011, Ernst & Young).
- The region of Catalonia, where Barcelona is the capital, contributes significantly to the Spanish GDP. The growth of Catalonia’s GDP is currently 3.3%, much higher than in Europe on average. Catalonia’s exports are €42.2 billion, higher than in any other region of Spain.
- 7,000+ innovation and technological companies during the last 10 years.
- Barcelona is 6th in Europe for attractiveness and comfort for doing business (European Attractiveness Survey 2011, Ernst & Young),
- Barcelona is 2nd in Europe (after London) for being promoted as a business center (European Cities Monitor 2011);
- Barcelona is 2nd in the world for hosting different international conferences and congresses (City and Country World Report 2011, ICCA ). Barcelona is the host of the annual World Mobile Congress, which attracts thousands of international companies that work in the mobile industry.
- 7,000,000 + millions of tourists / year
- 20° C - average temperature during the day
- 2437 hours of sunshine/ year
- Cost of living 550 euro / month
This school offers programs in: