FEB's Mission “The Faculty of Economics and Business contributes to the holistic development of individuals and participates in the development of the economy and community at both the national and wider European levels through its synthesis of economics and business research and education.”
FEB's Vision “FEB will be recognized nationally and throughout the wider European Region as an excellent research-oriented and globally-connected school of economics and business.”
FEB's Strategic Orientation The following strategic objectives support the mission statement:Meaningful and impactful research.
- Continuous support for faculty and staff development.
- Ongoing cooperation with the business community.
- Current and effective undergraduate and postgraduate study programs and life-long education in the field of economics and business.
- Increased internationalization in all operational areas.
- Encouragement of socially responsible behavior and morally and ethically principled action.
- Assurance of interdisciplinary knowledge and spreading awareness for sustainable development.
FEB's Core Values
- Academic freedom
- Personal and social responsibility
- Equality and democracy
- Credibility and ethical action
- Dialogue and interpersonal respect
- Critical thinking
The FEB offers an interesting, dynamic and challenging study environment which provides the immediate application of knowledge in practice. Approximately 26,000 undergraduate students (university education and higher professional education programmes) and more than 1,000 post-graduate students (specialists, masters of science, MBA graduates, doctors of science) of the FEB have already started their successful professional careers.
By studying at the FEB, the students acquire, expand and broaden their professional knowledge and experience to meet the demands of the rapidly-changing economic and business environment. They are acquainted with leading and innovative economic and business theories and provided with the opportunity to gain further experience through practical training and international student exchange both at home and abroad.
The FEB offers its students to study either full-time or part-time. Apart from Maribor, the part-time study is organised in Celje, Ljubljana, Koper and Murska Sobota and serves the needs of those students who are employed as well as of those who live outside Maribor and wish to study at the FEB while remaining to live in their hometown.
Apart from the new programmes, the FEB also carries out the following programmes which will be suspended in the forthcoming years:
- University education programme – ‘Economics’,
- Higher professional education programme – ‘ Business Administration’,
- Master of science programme – ‘Economics and Business’,
- Master of Business Administration – MBA.
This school offers programs in: