The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) – a new Russian graduate research university. Skoltech is founded in partnership with The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), which holds the world record for the amount of Nobel Prize Winners and top positions in global universities rankings.
Skoltech integrates the tradition of Russian scientific excellence with the best practices from all over the world.It combines fundamental science with entrepreneurship and innovation. This approach, supplemented by the international atmosphere, globally renowned professors and scientists from Russia and abroad, perfectly equipped laboratories and close integration to society and industry give students an opportunity to get a world-class higher education and gain the broad career and business prospects.
The enrollment for 2018 programs is now open! Skoltech offers 10 MSc and Ph.D. programs:
- Advanced and Digital Engineering Technologies
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Data Science
- Energy Systems
- Materials Science
- Mathematical and Theoretical Physics
- Petroleum Engineering
- Photonics and Quantum Materials
- Space and Engineering Systems
What makes Skoltech stand apart from other universities is its extraordinary environment that will make your MSc studies a major life milestone:
- Education: Lectures and practical classes are given by world-renowned experts. Students can design their own training program by choosing from a variety of courses
- Science: Science is firmly integrated into the education process: each student conducts own research projects
- Real-life experience: We provide industrial immersion: 8-week internship at leading industrial companies, where students turn their knowledge and skills into action
- Entrepreneurship: We supplement your academic training with the business course that provides tips on how to commercialize ideas and research findings
- Mobility: over a third of our students participate in various academic mobility programs working as trainees or researchers at MIT, Harvard University, National University of Singapore, University of Calgary and other leading international universities.
- Global environment: students from 40+ countries, professors, and researchers from internationally renowned labs and universities. We teach in English.
- Life: once enrolled, you will get a chance to attend major international conferences, participate in science and student competitions and work on your own projects and initiatives.
- Student package: Skoltech students are entitled to a monthly scholarship starting from 40,000 RUR (around 550 EUR) and health insurance.
Our graduates shape their own futures by choosing from variety of career opportunities in industry, science, and business
- Science: Landing Ph.D. positions and continuing research at leading Russian and international research entities
- Industry: Landing specialist positions in various industry sectors, demanding fundamental knowledge of mathematical and theoretical physics
- Startup: Starting a business on their own or through the Skolkovo innovation ecosystem with its extensive pool of experts, partners, consultants, and investors
Education in Skoltech is free. Students can create their individual learning plan and complement the compulsory set of disciplines by elective courses and projects from any field. Research is an integral part of the studying process.
Brendan Wilcox, Canada: “I chose Skoltech because I wanted a challenge. In my case, it was a decision, which sent me to the other side of the planet. I still can’t believe that I’m waking up in Moscow every morning, and attending one of the most promising universities in the world”
Aliya Khayrulina, Russia: “I always wanted to invent. Skoltech is the place where you just have to create and make you most insane engineering ideas come true”
This school offers programs in: