Saratov Socio-Economic Institute of the Plekhanov Russian University of Economics is the legal successor of the Saratov State Socio-Economic University. The process of unification of federal and regional universities with a further subsequent addition of the Saratov Institute of the Russian Trade and Economic University had ended in 2014. Graduates receive diplomas from the Moscow University, and the quality and practical value of knowledge are ensured with long experience of personal training by Saratov Socio-Economic Institute. Nowadays the Institute is focused on professional training, retraining and further professional skills development in the field of economics and management. The Institute currently comprises 6 faculties, 27 departments, as well as Master’s, post-graduate and doctorate department, College of Economics and Finance, Mounting College, Training Center. The Institute implements 8 programs of secondary professional education, 89 higher education programs, 26 master's degree programs, 16 training programs for academic staff. A stable system of continuing education is built in the Institute. The beginning of economic education can be considered as pre-university training and professional guidance of schoolchildren, which allows them to pass successfully the Unified State Examination and obtain general secondary, professional higher education on Bachelor's, Master's and Specialist’s level. Much attention is paid to the development of Master’s level education, the amount of the proposed master's programs is increasing and its practical orientation is constantly updated and strengthened. There is a possibility for continuing education on postgraduate study and scientific staff has the opportunity to obtain higher qualifications on doctoral studies. Faculty of additional professional education implements educational programs for retraining and professional development. In addition, the Institute is focused on the provision of additional educational services to popular professions, as well as training programs for staff and training for higher qualification. Among the unique programs applicants can choose the project «Master of Business Administration» (MBA) which has international accreditation and a social project «University of the older generation» is fulfilled, in which every year retirees of Saratov region are trained. A special place in the activities of the Institute is given to the control of the quality of education. The decisive role in this process is creating conditions for efficient studying and obtaining knowledge at all levels of study, including the high-quality organization of the state final certification of graduates. All this allows the Institute to prepare highly qualified specialists.
International activity has always been among areas of priority in Saratov Socio-Economic Institute, strengthening its position in the international scientific and educational space. The Institute develops cooperation with foreign partners in the educational, scientific and cultural spheres. Work of the Institute with partners from foreign countries is based on the concept and development program of the international activities. International activity of the Institute today is:
- 30 partner universities and organizations from Western and Eastern Europe, Asia and CIS countries;
- academic mobility;
- internships and practice in foreign companies;
- short-term English-taught educational courses in the Institute or abroad;
- international summer and winter schools, training, joint seminars, conferences and other international events;
- scientific projects in cooperation with leading foreign universities-partners;
- double degree program providing for the issue of a state diploma of leading foreign universities;
- promotion of educational programs in the foreign market.
For many years, the Institute develops and strengthens cooperation with scientific and educational institutions in Europe and Asia. In the framework of agreements with the partner universities, the Institute invites lecturers from different countries of the world, holds events with international participation: conferences, seminars, workshops and summer schools, creating joint educational programs, exchanges of publications and finds new forms of interaction. International English-taught summer schools became a tradition that involves students, lecturers, and professors of the partner universities of the Institute. The participation of foreign students from partner universities on the basis of activities in SSEI gives students of our institute a chance to participate in the semester abroad programs, short-term programs and other events abroad. The Institute educates students from foreign countries, which enables learners to expand their horizons, exchange experiences and knowledge, as well as to establish international contacts. The Institute has successfully participated and continues to participate in international educational programs and projects in collaboration with universities and organizations in different countries.
- A joint project with the Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice (Czech Republic), academic mobility project ERASMUS + International Credit Mobility.
- Russian-French program in Economics and Management for students from SSEI jointly with Grenoble Alpes University (Grenoble, France). Graduates of the program receive a bachelor degree diploma LICENCE.
- MBA program, accredited by the Institute of Commercial Management, graduates of the program receive a diploma «Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration» of the Institute of Commercial Management (UK) without additional examination procedures.
- Russian-Dutch training program for professional marketers (RIMA). Graduates are given double diploma of professional retraining in the field of marketing and of the passage of the basic marketing programs at Inholland University (Netherlands).
- Russian-German research project "Corruption prevention at the municipal level."
- Russian-German research project "Small and medium business support by the municipal state”
- Project TEMPUS ERAMIS «Double competence master’s program in Informatics”
- The project ERASMUS MUNDUS «FASTQUAD».
- The scientific sociological research project "New generation: hope, goals, and ideals."
We are always open for new projects and are ready to develop and create new joint programs.
Programs taught in: