Vistula University is a reputable university, awarded by independent Polish and foreign institutions, such as Perspektywy and Rzeczpospolita, Home&Market and Business Center Club. The University consists of eminent experts who have a real impact on economic and social life, including prof. Krzysztof Rybiński – former Vice-President of the National Bank of Poland, prof. Andrzej Olechowski – former minister of finance and former minister of foreign affairs and prof. Longin Pastusiak – former Vice-President of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly. The University closely cooperates with companies and supports business entrepreneurship among students, which is something that makes it stand out in the Polish educational market. It offers undergraduate, graduate, engineering, postgraduate and doctoral studies, conducted both in Polish and in English. It was established in 1992, and together with the European Academy of Fine Arts and the School of Tourism and Recreation, it forms the Vistula Universities Group.
Why Study At Vistula
Receive a diploma from a prestigious University
The Vistula University is listed within the top ten of the best non-public Universities of the ranking by Perspektywy Magazine 2014.
- According to Home & Market, the University is the best Business Partner among Poland’s universities.
- High education level guarantees accreditation of organizations representing the international academic community:
1 The World Council and Assembly on Cooperative Education - the only organization that is totally dedicated to working integrated learning; 2 International Association of Universities: an international association of higher education institutions; 3 CEEMAN - one of the most prestigious accreditations within Management awarded to Universities.
Learn from the best experts
- The Vistula Universities Group gives you access to the best experts having a virtual influence on the economic and social life as well as active researchers. Those are the main lecturers of the University: prof. Krzysztof Rybiński – former Vice-President of the National Bank of Poland, prof. Andrzej Olechowski – former Minister of Finance, former Minister of the Exterior, prof. Longin Pastusiak – former Vice-President of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, prof. Jerzy M. Nowak – Vice-President of the Executive Council of the Euro-Atlantic Association, prof. dr hab. Paweł Bożyk – member of the UN University Senate in Tokio, prof. Jan Fazlagić – expert in knowledge, education, creativity, innovation and intellectual resources management, prof. Roman Fulneczek – former President of the PZU or Daewoo Insurance Company Management Board, dr Marek Kulczycki – former President of the Deutsche Bank PBC S.A. Management Board, dr Aleksandra Wiktorow – Insurance Ombudsman, former Minister of Labour.
- Our scientific and didactic staff consists mainly of practitioners, who gained their experience in reputable companies and institutions.
- Cooperation with exquisite scientists from academic centers all over the world guarantees that the educational programme responds to real needs of the global labor market.
Study in an international community
- Multiple opportunities to go to foreign professional training and educational projects mainly to Germany, Spain or Turkey.
- Possibility to participate in the Erasmus international students’ exchange programme, completed mutually by Universities from over 30 countries.
- Participation in guest lectures of professors from all over the world.
- Additionally, the University organizes the International Week, during which the students attend foreign professors’ lectures.
- High level of University international profile has been stressed by the award for the best international promotion within the Genius Universitatis 2014 competition organized by the Perspektywy Magazine.
The University supports the professional development
- The University conducts an innovative programme combining the business with COOP-EDU education, within which it cooperated with such brands as Cyfrowy Polsat, Radwag, Plus. This means it is possible to complete an internship and professional training in partner companies and gain both the solid theoretical knowledge and perfect practical preparation, compulsory within the education programme at the Vistula University.
- The University offers participation in fellowships, professional training and international projects performed e.g. in China.
- A student company Academic Force supervised by prof. Krzysztof Rybiński operates at the University, performing research for external companies.
- Also the JOB SPOT event – the first organized by students lecturers with business specialists and employers’ open days in Poland take place at the University.
- We maintain the Globalizer ‒ the only programme in Poland within which foreign students write theses in form of projects supporting Polish companies to start operation in the country of their origin.
Comfortable studies ensured
Everything you need for comfortable studying is available at the 25 thousand m2: air-conditioned rooms, lecture rooms for several hundred of students, spatial didactic rooms, reading room, library, gym, sports center, 2 restaurants serving dishes and snacks from all over the world. On warm days it is possible to relax on a green and spatial University courtyard. The building is adapted for the handicapped.
Develop both your mind and body
Do you like sports? Vistula University provides a more than 600 m2 large sports center adapted to play basketball, volleyball, futsal, badminton and do aerobic (sound system). You don’t have to search for a place to play. Use Vistula’s sports center. Do you practice at the gym? The University building offers a modern, professional equipment allowing you to get fit and build your body. You can train as much as you want and need.
The mission of Vistula University is to provide high-quality educational services for the international student community in a spirit of tolerance and respect for different opinions, views beliefs and. Pursuing this mission involves conditions developed by AFiBV that enable students to acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to independently solve the problems they face in everyday life. At the same time, the profile of education at the University aims at meeting the demands of the labor market and the challenges of the information age. The main objective of Vistula University is the best possible preparation of students for their future careers and meeting the needs of employers in the local and international labor market, both in small business and in large multinational corporations. The university curriculum is based on the academic and business experience of lecturers. As a result, students gain not only a solid theoretical knowledge but also excellent practical experience. The university cooperates with leading scientists from academic centers around the world, who are invited to give guest lectures.
- Our university is among the top 10 top private universities in Poland – 5th place in the 2014 ranking developed by Perspektywy and Rzeczpospolita
- Vistula University is the most international university in Poland according to the ranking of universities prepared by „Perspektywy” and „Dziennik Gazety Prawna” 2014
- AFiB Vistula is highly regarded in the business environment: it was awarded the "Best Partner in Business" title by the editors of Home&Market and the European Medal by Business Center Club for the best internship and internship program for students
- The high level of the studies is confirmed by international accreditations: CEEMAN in the field of marketing, WACE - with regard to combining studies with internship programs, IAU - confirming the quality of teaching
- Vistula is a well-established and the oldest brand among all private universities in Poland
- You can choose among 15 fields of study, including 7 that are taught in English
This school offers programs in:
- CEEMAN is one of the most prestigious acreditations within management awarded to universities
- The World Council and Assembly on Cooperative Education
- International Association of Universities