The Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) was originally founded as ASUTECH on July 30, 1980. The University was conceived with the aim to establish an institution that must be closely related to society, its industry and above all, serve as a catalyst in the technological advancement of the people, hence the University’s motto remains, "Technology for Service".
OUR VISION To be in the 21st century graduate school environment and to become a leading graduate institution in Science, Management and Technology.
OUR MISSION To anticipate and respond to the highest educational needs of our students, apply appropriate technology-driven management, teaching and research, using highly motivated staff and students of all races, creed and sex, to create highest levels of excellence in graduate studies, in partnership with industrial and educational frontiers within and outside the country.
In furtherance of these vision and mission, the School of Post Graduate Studies (SPGS) has continued till today to be the bedrock of research and staff development in the University since inception in 1982. Through regular maintenance of effective academic oversight and quality assurance, SPGS aims at providing systematic academic and research programmes geared towards the high level needs of the country and beyond. We see it as our responsibility to provide support infrastructures to help our students complete their programmes on time, guarantee high quality review, administration and supervision of students projects and theses, as well as structure the programmes to be 21st century needs compliant.
At Enugu State University of Science and Technology, the management, faculty, staff and students are committed to be guided by the following core values:
- Emphasis on integrity, honesty and high moral values in education.
- Building and maintaining and international community of student and scholars.
- Operating and academic institution based on the most efficient allocation of resources driven by need and cost effectiveness.
- Building and operating academic programmes that are centers of excellence in their field.
- Operating and academic community that is peace with its host community.
- Sustaining academic freedom and tolerance of diverse views of all sundry.
- Rewarding academic excellence and hard work.
- Establishing Linkages with the industry and the community.
This school offers programs in: