About the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication
The Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication hosts the Departments of History, Arts and Culture Studies, and Media & Communication of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The Faculty offers five Bachelor’s programmes, of which three are international:
- Arts and Culture Studies
- Communication and Media
Furthermore, the Faculty offers the following Master’s programmes:
- History (Global History and International Relations)
- Erasmus Mundus International Master 'Global Markets, Local Creativities'
- Arts and Culture Studies (Arts, Culture and Society / Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship / Place, Culture and Tourism)
- Media Studies Media Studies (Media, Culture & Society / Media & Business / Media & Creative Industries)
- Research Master in the Sociology of Culture, Media and the Arts
Researchers at ESHCC often work together in interdisciplinary projects, in which insights from the fields of sociology, the humanities, economics and political studies come together. Think of research on:
- the relationship between ethnicity and preferences in music;
- contemporary representations of World War II in (digital) media;
- the influence of new media on art consumption and distribution;
- history textbooks then and now;
- or cultural tourism.
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands