About the Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication
The Erasmus School of History, Culture and Communication hosts the Departments of History, Arts and Culture Studies, and Media & Communication of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The Faculty offers five Bachelor’s programmes, of which three are international:
- International Bachelor History
- International Bachelor Arts and Culture Studies
- International Bachelor Communication and Media
- History of Society (Global History and International Relations)
- Arts and Culture Studies (Arts, Culture and Society / Cultural Economics and Entrepreneurship / Place, Culture and Tourism)
- Media Studies Media Studies (Media, Culture & Society / Media & Business)
- Research Master in the Sociology of Culture, Media and the Arts
Starting 2017-2018, the Faculty will also offer the Erasmus Mundus International Master 'Global Markets, Local Creativities'. This is a collaboration with Glasgow University (coordinator), Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Universitat de Barcelona and Erasmus University Rotterdam.
Researchers at ESHCC often work together in interdisciplinary projects, in which insights from the fields of sociology, the humanities, economics and political studies come together. Think of research on:
- the relationship between ethnicity and preferences in music;
- contemporary representations of World War II in (digital) media;
- the influence of new media on art consumption and distribution;
- history textbooks then and now;
- or cultural tourism.
This school offers programs in: