Championing in Entrepreneurship
The concept of entrepreneurial development of UMK has been proven effective with nearly 40 companies and business entreprises that are own by UMK students who are still pursuing their studies.
In line with the government’s vision to propel the country to become a high-income nation, UMK aspires to help perpetuating this noble intention by making headway in proliferating the human capital so as to spur on the country’s development. Since its inception in 2007, UMK has been steadily instrumental in championing entrepreneurship education in Malaysia in order to produce multitalented graduates.
Centralising on the concept, “Entrepreneurship is Our Thrust”, efforts in upholding entrepreneurship education would be unavailing without efficient and effective manpower. Advancing on the platform of excellence, YBhg. Prof. Dato' Dr. Mortaza Bin Mohamed, the Vice Chancellor, at the head of the university together with staunch supports from the top management as well as the stalwarts of academicians, they have all prepared UMK to become a reputable institution of higher learning in offering programmes of high quality that meet market demand. Starting off with only four programmes (Creative Technology, Heritage, Entrepreneurship & Business and Applied Science – Agricultural Technology Entreprenuership), now UMK offers twenty-seven diversed programmes at five different faculties in conjunction with the current demand and development of the industry.
In preparation for a further solid development on the human capital, assistance is sought from a steadfast support system so as to meet the demand of the stakeholders. The indefatigable support staff and efficient ecosystem have contributed in providing a conducive and consilient learning environment for students. In tandem with modern advancement, UMK is now ready to explore all the possibilites.
Vision, Mission & Objective
Championing human capital development with entrepreneurial qualities for global prosperity.
UMK provides :
- Quality and relevant academic programmes
- Research and innovation of high commercial value
- Services that fulfill social obligation to enhance competitiveness in entrepreneurship.
UMK focuses on prioritising the customer’s needs and fulfilling market requirements by providing a conducive environment. and UMK staff who are knowledgeable, experienced, and committed in practising a professional work culture, participative management, as well as carrying out continuous improvements.
- To provide educational courses and training with an emphasis on inculcating entrepreneurial traits and soft skills across the curriculum.
- To develop quality human capital that contributes effectively to national development and benefits society.
- To enhance the capability of staff in life-long learning, leadership and management.
- To develop the capacity and capability of small and medium scale enterprises (SME) in order to enhance their competitiveness in generating national wealth.
- To provide a conducive educational infrastructure and effective support systems as the basis to becoming a World-Class University.
- To implement regional development activities in accordance with the Malaysian East Coast Economic Region (ECER) Development Plan.
- To practise effective administration and financial management with high integrity.
This school offers programs in: