Located just outside the city center, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of the largest universities in Lithuania, currently having about 8,000 students from 48 countries. The university offers programs fully taught in English for international students at all levels - from Bachelor’s to PhDs in the field of Social Sciences.
Mykolas Romeris University holds the Diploma Supplement Label (DS Label) which attests that a diploma supplement from MRU meets the European Commission's, the Council of Europe's and UNESCO/CEPES' standards.
Reasons to study at MRU
- Progressive, Dynamic, modern virtual learning platforms
- Multicultural environment
- Many services are completely free of charge: a huge parking lot, sports halls and gyms, foreign languages courses, song bands, dance and theatre studios, basketball team, wireless internet, cultural and educational activities etc.
- low living expenses (300-350 EUR/month with accommodation at University Students house)
- A library that works even at night
- Free introductory week for international students (informational seminars, trips, tours, cultural events)
- A student visa allowing to travel all over the Schengen area
- Scholarships for international mobility (for studies and for internship)
- European diplomas, which are easily recognized all over the world
- King Sejong Institute where students can learn the Korean language and culture for free
- One of the fastest public wifi in the world
- Beautiful cosy Vilnius; fresh, clean air (cleanest in Europe)
- Accommodation: Yes, offered for all international students
- Where: On campus, 5 minutes on foot to come to the main University building
- Price: 85-100 EUR per month
- The beginning of Studies: September 1st.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee
- Submit your application
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy
- Passport type photo
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
30th of June.
Additional admission for the citizens of EU Member States and the countries of the visa-free travel regime for entry into the Republic of Lithuania, as well as citizens of the countries requiring visas for entry into the Republic of Lithuania where there are Embassies of the Republic of Lithuania will be organized from 8th of July until 2nd of August.
Programs taught in: