Mykolas Romeris University
Mykolas Romeris University (Mykolo Romerio universitetas in Lithuanian) is a university in the capital city of Lithuania, Vilnius. Name of the university comes from the Lithuanian legal scholar, judge and father of Lithuania’s Constitutional Law Mykolas Römeris. Mykolas Romeris University is a state university and it was established after the restoration of independence of the Republic of Lithuania in 1990.
Mykolas Romeris University is one of the largest universities in Lithuania, currently having 10,000 students from 38 countries.
For International Students the University offers Bachelor, Master and Doctoral study programmes in English language in the field of Social Sciences.
MRU has a modern and well-equipped campus outside the city center of Vilnius, surrounded by the park:
- The campus is easy accessible by public transport from any place in Vilnius. From MRU it takes approximately 25 minutes to reach the city center by bus.
- Accommodation on campus is offered for all international students, a place in a double room at the university’s students house costs 100 euros per month, a place in a triple room – 85 euros per month.
- For convenience of students, the university offers dining hall and cafeterias where it is possible to have breakfast, lunch or dinner for 2-4 euros.
- University buildings with lecture halls and library are located only 5 minutes’ walk from the students’ house.
- Many additional services offered by the university are completely free of charge: a huge parking lot, sport halls and gyms, outdoor sports equipment, wireless internet, cultural and educational activities, courses of foreign languages etc.
MINOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE STUDIES
Are you interested of studying in English, but you do not have sufficient level of knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in English?
Minor English Language Studies are designed for those, who are willing to enter Bachelor study programme at Mykolas Romeris University, but do not have sufficient knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in English. Before attending a Bachelor study programme at MRU, a student who wish to participate on the Minor English Language Studies will study one-year language studies only.
After completing one year of Minor English Language studies and reaching sufficient English language proficiency level, international students will then continue studies on their selected Bachelor study programme at MRU.
One year Minor English Language studies fee – 1800 €.
For more information of Minor English Language Studies please visit: els.mruni.eu
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Fill out the Online Application Form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload a copy of document proving results of the English language proficiency or pass English Language Level Test at the University (you will get further information about the test upon registration on the online application platform)
Language requirements for Bachelor Studies:
At least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level 3;
Language requirements for Master’s Degree Studies:
At least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Undergraduate students must upload copies of secondary education or high education diploma and transcript
- Graduate students must upload copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration)
- Upload a certificate of your university / school transcript and diploma evaluation in Lithuania (For the certificate apply to Lithuanian Center for Quality Assessment in Higher Education, A. Goštauto st. 12, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania; for more information please check www. skvc.lt)
- Upload passport style photo
- Upload a copy of your passport or ID card
- Upload a notarized letter of guarantee from parents/sponsors and the Certificate/Letter from a bank about their financial abilities
- Pay Application Fee of 100 EUR addressed to Mykolas Romeris University (non-refundable). Payment details and electronic invoice will be send to you upon the registration on the online application platform
- Submit your application!
- 30th of June 2017.
- Beginning of Studies September 1st.
Additional admission for the citizens of EU Member States and the countries of the visa-free travel regime for entry into the Republic of Lithuania, as well as citizens of the countries requiring visas for entry into the Republic of Lithuania where there are Embassies of the Republic of Lithuania will be organized from 4th of July until 1st of August.
Mykolas Romeris University offers Doctoral Degrees in the following fields:
Social Sciences (Law, Management, Economics, Psychology and Education) Humanities (Philology)
For more information of Doctoral Degrees please visit: www.mruni.eu/en/research/doktorantura
This school offers programs in: