20 years of leadership in higher education!!! over 13,000 of graduates working now worldwide!
The Baltic International Academy (up to 2006 it was called Baltic Russian Institute) is the largest non-government higher education establishment in the Baltic States and Eastern European countries (it was established in 1992) amounting 4,500 students, including 450 foreign students from 22 countries worldwide, that makes multicultural environment in Academy, where teach 200 lecturers, of which 100 are doctors of Science and professors.
Reorganisation takes place during the process of education in Baltic International Academy, which provides academic and professional higher education in accordance with the requirements of the European Union in Latvian economy fields. BIA acquired international expert evaluation and gained no-term accreditation.
Baltic International Academy has a filial branch not only in Riga but also in other Latvian areas (Daugavpils, Liepaja, Rezekne, Jekabpils, Ventspils, Smiltene, Jelgava) The Academy during education process as well as during conferences and seminars uses video bridge conference, which connects BIA in Riga with its regional filial branches. The Academy regularly organizes international student summer schools, art exhibitions, scientific seminars, conferences, roundtable discussions, where actively interact students from the Academy and other institutions of higher education, lecturers and foreign lecturers, employers as well as experts.
BIA offers study programmes of 1 and 2nd level of higher professional education (duration of the programme- 2-2,5 and 4-4,5 years), academic and professional bachelor education programme (duration of programme 3-4,5), as well as academic and professional Master degree and Doctorate programmes.
Studies at the BIA have been realizing multilingually under the programme “Eurolingua”
- The Russian taught groups – 75% - in Russian + in Latvian and English
- The English taught groups – 75% - in English + in Russian and Latvian
Students can study English, German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Latvian and Russian as foreign languages.
The BIA preparatory courses` centre
- Preparatory Courses (February, October)
- Summer Preparatory Courses (June, August)
The BIA participates in European programmes and projects:
- Exchange students` programme “ERASMUS” giving the opportunity for the students to participate in the exchange programmes with partner European universities starting from the 2nd study year.
- The programme «TEMPUS» gives the opportunity to participate in different European projects jointly with higher educational establishments of the countries – non-members of the EU.
- European Training Foundation, ETF – the students are enabled to do an internship within the grants.
- Within the European Social Fund, the students do an internship in the Latvian companies and organizations.
The BIA is a member of the organizations as follows:
- EAIE – European Association for International Education;
- International Higher Education Academy of Sciences;
- Employers’ Confederation of Latvia;
- Latvian Designers’ Society;
- LCCI - Latvian Chamber of Commerce;
- IAU - International Association of Universities.
At students` disposal at BIA
- The laboratory on investigation of small and medium business
- The Multidisciplinary Research Centre
- The Students' Self-government
- The Students' Advertising and PR Agency
- The Art Gallery «BIART»
- The Ceramics Studio
- The Drawing Studio
- The KVN teams in Riga end Liepaya
- The Sports teams: football, basketball, boxing, freestyle wrestling
- Show-ballet “Natalie”
Discounts for students:
- The programme „The BIA Family” (discounts for family members from 10%-25%);
- 40 % - discount for A-students;
- Discounts for all students-sportsmen and participants in the BIA social and cultural life;
- Reduced tuition fee for disabled students and orphans (10% – 50%);
- an opportunity to get state loans, student loans as well as bank loans;
- discounts for graduates from the BIA Preparatory Courses;
This school offers programs in: