Established in 1868 as the first Business School in Italy, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is a modern university, which encompass a vast and varied array of undergraduate and graduate degrees, in addition to numerous PhD programmes and a wide selection of executive courses.
The University teaches approximately 20.000 students and covers four main subject areas: Economics, Foreign Languages and Literatures, Humanities and Sciences.
The university is divided into 8 Departments and 6 Interdepartmental Schools, responsible for research and teaching activities of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Programmes. Three university structures exist alongside these:
- Ca' Foscari Graduate School, which coordinates Research Doctorates (PhDs);
- Ca’ Foscari Challenge School, which organises Professional Master’s Programmes (1st and 2nd level) and other opportunities for executive education;
- Ca’ Foscari School for International Education, which promotes intensive summer and autumn courses, orientation programmes, foundation year programmes and other extracurricular activities for Italian and international students.
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice also offers a wide range of English-taught programmes and double degrees, which along with numerous cooperation agreements with institutions from all over the world, enrich the international focus that has always been a feature of the university. Indeed, internationalisation is not simply a goal or a strategy; it is much a daily practice and an everyday commitment to pursue excellence in teaching and research.
The University also organizes a lot of cultural events to bring students and staff together in a city which is like no other, a place where past meets innovation and your thirst for knowledge is stimulated by numerous initiatives. Living in Venice is living art, architecture, development, research, attention to the environment and discovering ancient traditions and different cultures.
Degree Programmes: http://www.unive.it/pag/10478
Ca Foscari assists students during their entire University career by offering a range of loans, grants and bursaries through its Financial Aid Office. Tailor-made support is available to international students, students who work and students with disabilities. The Housing Office is a service for Italian and international students, researchers, professors and administrative staff coming to study or work at Ca’ Foscari. It offers useful information and contacts to find suitable and convenient accommodation solutions in Venice and in the nearby area.
The International Welcome Unit offers a wide range of services for international beneficiaries, such as guidance and assistance for enrolment procedures, recognition of academic qualifications, visa application process, residency permit, student services, health issues and transportation.
Students can actively participate in the university life thanks to a lot of welcome and enjoy activities.
Keep in touch with your tutor, read your Welcome Guide and become involved in the Buddy Programme to break the ice!
- Welcome Days devoted to international students to help them discover Ca’ Foscari and Venice
- A renown University Library System ( with approximately 1 million books)
- Tailor-made support to open a bank account and to obtain the Italian tax-payer code
- Appropriate support to obtain a valid Health Insurance
- Career placement services in partnership with international companies to enter the labour market
- Language courses held at the University Langauge Centre
- Wi-fi in all university buildings
- Social networks to receive all the updates: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin
The university experience enjoyed by Ca’ Foscari students every day takes place in an international environment where focus is placed on the most innovative aspects of research and teaching.
Students can strengthen their academic profile thanks to a series of initiatives organized by the School for International Education and by the International College.
Studying at Ca Foscari provides an opportunity to study and live in a very unique city, where you can wander for hours and even enjoy getting lost, have aSpritzin one of Venice beautiful squares, visit the world famous museums and exhibitions, travel by boat through the smaller islands of the lagoon, enjoy the Lido beaches and taste delicious food.
At Ca Foscari you can find:
- Theatre, music and film festivals
- International art exhibitions
- Radio Ca Foscari, the University web radio
- Sport facilities at the Venice University Sports Centre
- University Orchestra and Choir
- Student associations like the Erasmus Student Network, ComeIn Venice and Aiesec
- Lectures by internationally recognized scholars and ambassadors
This school offers programs in: