University College Cork (UCC) is dedicated to ensuring its students are the very best they can be; a promise underpinned by its award-winning teaching techniques, cutting-edge research credentials and long history of independent thinking from mathematical genius George Boole and beyond. Everyone at UCC, from the lecturers to the administrative staff, is committed to supporting the students, giving them the fuel to fulfil their potential and shape the world we live in. After completing a programme at UCC, students are not just work ready, but world ready.
Rankings and Awards
- Ranked in top 2% of universities worldwide, based on the quality of its research and peer esteem
- Ireland’s first five-star university (QS Stars 2011)
- CWTS Leiden Ranking 2015: now holds the 16th position in Europe and 52nd position worldwide.
- U-Multirank rankings (March 2015): UCC was the top performing university internationally, based on obtaining the highest number of ‘A’ scores.
- QS World University Rankings by Subject (April 2015): 13 subject areas featuring in the top tier globally and Pharmacy & Pharmacology listed within the top 50 worldwide.
- The only Irish university to be awarded University of the Year by The Sunday Times four times, including one in 2016.
Online Graduate Programmes
UCC’s online programmes have been developed to provide both research-led and practical-based learning to give students the skills and confidence they need to succeed in a real-world environment.
BSc Nursing and Healthcare Quality Improvement
The online BSc Nursing and Healthcare Quality Improvement programme from UCC offers registered nurses and midwives a flexible means to master the core principles of nursing crucial for today’s nursing practice, providing the necessary research-led and practical skills they need to succeed in a real-world patient care setting.
MSc Nursing and Healthcare Quality Improvement
The online MSc Nursing and Healthcare Quality Improvement programme from UCC offers registered nurses a flexible means to develop the skills necessary to progress into more prosperous and fulfilling leadership roles. A crucial part of the programme is the development of critical-appraisal skills and innovation in clinical practice. A dedicated team of lecturers helps nurture these skills, which is key to optimising study time and, ultimately, enabling successful students take advantage of the many opportunities for skilled nurses globally.
Master of Public Health
The online Master of Public Health offers the necessary evidence-based theory and real-life application of public health to give students the practical skills and confidence necessary to make a difference to population health issues.
MSc in Occupational Health
The MSc in Occupational Health from UCC takes a uniquely integrated approach to occupational health and safety, exploring psychological factors alongside more traditional physical risk factors, to help students develop strategies to fulfil the needs of the modern workplace. This 100% online programme provides a flexible means for students to acquire the necessary research-led and practical skills they need to develop their careers in the multi-industry and multi-disciplinary field of occupational health.
This school offers programs in: