Welcome to Hindustan University
Hindustan College of Engineering, started in the year 1985, was conferred the "University Status" by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956 from the academic year 2008-09 and under the name HITS (Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science). Today, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is one of the most sought-after engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu, reputed for its highly qualified and experienced faculty and excellent infrastructural facilities for curricular and extracurricular activities, the University has maintained an enviable academic excellence right from its inception. The student community comprises of students from all over India and Overseas. We have students hailing from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Indonesia, Kenya, Korea, Liberia, Libya, Mauritius, Nigeria, Oman, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sudan, U.A.E, Thailand, Vietnam, Tanzania, USA, etc. The university has accomplished its mission and its academic achievements are a testimony to the same. More than 80% of students secure first class with distinctions year after year. Over 950 students have been placed in leading companies in India and abroad in the last 3 years. The students of this reputed institution are receiving placement offers from leading companies in India and Abroad. The institution has collaborative partnerships with leading universities in USA, Singapore, Australia, etc. It has students and faculty exchange programs with leading international universities. The university has also has received numerous accolades and awards over the years.
- Above 75% Annual Placement Conversion
- Encouragement of innovative talents & spirits of the students through Hindustan Technology Business Incubator (HTBI) & Hindustan Entrepreneurship and Innovation Centre (HEIC)
- Strong Alumni Network
- Sponsorship to attend seminars/conferences (National & International)
- Highly qualified faculty with industry and academic experience
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories and workshops
- International Mobility Programmes including one semester abroad program, student/faculty exchanges and higher studies
- Scholarship available for meritorious and sports students
- MOUs with leading industries and institutions in India and Abroad
- Excellent library facility with complete digital access to online databases like SCOPUS, IEEE, Springer, ScienceDirect, Nature, etc
- Opportunity to be involved in various research centres and projects on campus.
- Regular Industrial Visits & Internship to execute projects at national and international Industries/Institutions
- 10 Research Centres and 7 Schools (Aeronautical, Building, Computing, Electrical, Management, Mechanical, Science & Humanities)
- Adherence to Bloom's Taxonomy and Outcome-Based Education (OBE) Practices
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for students to choose the subjects and teachers
TO MAKE EVERY MAN A SUCCESS AND NO MAN A FAILURE.
To provide every individual with a conducive environment suitable to achieve his / her career goals, with a strong emphasis on personality development, and to offer the academically inclined the resources to gain quality education in all spheres of engineering, applied sciences and management, without compromising the quality and code of ethics to each student of the Institution. The University is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), which is the Statutory Body for accreditation of educational institutions in India and is an Autonomous Institution of the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India.
This school offers programs in: