Texila American University (TAU) is located in Guyana, the English-speaking country in South America.
TAU distance and online education program is committed to providing career-oriented educational programs at the Diploma, Bachelor, Masters/Postgraduate and Doctoral level through wide network worldwide.
Distance Online Learning is one of the Flexible ways for students gets educated from their own Town. Students can choose our Distance and Online Learning Program and benefited from the Flexibility of Online Learning from Web Campus (Our Online Learning Management System).
In the last few years, TAU Distance & Online Education's innovative approach to the development and delivery of education has made it one of the best Distance & Online education providers. TAU Distance & Online Education has developed an education system which is innovative and effective. TAU has designed unique online teaching-learning process (OTLP) for Distance Online programs.
The University offers both short-term and long-term programs leading to Bachelor master Degrees, Doctoral which are conventional as well as innovative. Most of these programs have been developed after an initial survey of the demand for such programs. They are launched with a view to fulfilling the learner's needs for:
- Improvement of Skills
- Acquisition of Professional Qualifications
- Continuing Education and Professional Development at Work Place
- Diversification and Updating of Knowledge, and Empowerment.
The selection process will be open, transparent and accountable. Every applicant who fulfills the eligibility criteria will be given an opportunity to compete for the available seats. Candidates will be selected on the basis of Entrance Test /Merit/Interview and recommended in-service candidates from Universities.
Texila American University (TAU) is listed in the World Health Organization - The AVICENNA Directories, which is a publicly accessible database of schools, colleges, and universities for the education of academic professions in health.
Texila American University has been added to the register of participants in United Nations Global Compact program.
TAU is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). This is an accurate and up-to-date compilation of international medical schools recognized by the appropriate government agency in the medical school's respective country. Recognition by the ECFMG depends directly on whether or not the school is listed in this directory.
Global Alliance for Medical Education (GAME) is dedicated to the advancement of innovation in medical education throughout the world.
AMEE is an International Association For Medical Education delivers courses on teaching, assessment and research skills for teachers in medicine and the healthcare professions.
TAU is recognized by the Department of Education Via registration with the National Accreditation Council of Guyana.
Our Clinical research program has received accreditation from Swiss Association of Pharmaceutical Professionals
TAU has approved Member with International Association for Distance Learning, United Kingdom.
Salient features of our online Learning Platform:
- User dashboard offering a quick overview of everything linked to the user
- Lesson contents with the status of user completed status and progress
- Digital library includes videos, Audio, PDF, office documents with easy interface
- Forum – online discussion place for tutor and students for individual subjects
- Blogs- student can create blogs or post comments to blogs
- Online chat – student can chat with tutors and other students, or create room for chat
- Internal messaging with 2000 messages for individual users so that students can send messages to tutors and other students
- Online test for individual units and subunits with time limit
- Project list with deadline, time duration, and marks
- Progress tracking and report generators
- Customizable notification system through email
This school offers programs in: