- Today, dramatic changes, knowledge and technology have become elements that are part of daily life for humans, due largely to the fact that these are linked to the whole productive social process, labor and not only our country but the entire world. In this context, higher education represents a fundamental to develop the skills and acquire the necessary skills demanded by the new economy pillar. This factor delegated to college a very important role not only for the training of professionals, but mainly for the generation of new knowledge to meet the needs of an increasingly competitive world.
- Galileo University is a higher educational institution, the product of 37 years of constant work and effort of a select group of professionals headed by Dr. Eduardo Suger Cofiño, Ph.D., founder and Rector, who has managed to form a completely different educational proposal traditional and is impulsadora by a very clear motto: " to educate is to change visions and transform lives."
- In this context Galilean, academia is subordinate to human development and increased competitiveness. Has to his credit with more than 25 years of experience in the area of university education of our country, initially as Faculty of Systems Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Science, University Francisco Marroquín, and now as a house higher education committed to training and preparation of professionals worldwide recognition.
- It was authorized by the Superior Council of Private Education in October 2000, which makes it the first university in Guatemala with technological approach. Because of this, for us it is very important that you have knowledge about the formation of our university, academic institutions, the courses offered and all the details that identify us as a vanguard institution that has marked its work, the competitive insertion of our country in the technological era and the new globalization of the 21st century.
- Galileo University has experienced significant growth, which has been described as "extraordinary" in recent years. This has been both number of students and number of programs and has made Galileo notoriously one of the most important universities in Central America. This is the product of a clear vision and a firm commitment to it.
- The twentieth century has witnessed the most spectacular and surprising advancement of science and technology. Not only it allowed to witness the emergence of the atomic age, but also the electronic computer and space age. As a result of this scientific and technological blockbuster, universities have had a huge demand for educational services in these areas of study. In particular, the field of Computer Science has experienced a great demand, which is the result of the transverse growth of Computer Science in virtually every field of human knowledge and even in the daily practices of society.
- In 1977 the School of Systems Engineering, Computer Science and Computer Science, FISICC emerged as the technological faculty of the University Francisco Marroquin, in response to the growing need for trained professionals in computer science.
- With 22 years of successful experience and to the rapid changes of the time and the globalization of knowledge, FISICC sought to occupy an important place in the education of new generations in Guatemala and Latin America.
- The Constitution of Guatemala recognizes the urgent need to create new and better sources of education for Guatemalans as read part of Article 71, which reads: "It is declared of public utility and necessity the establishment and maintenance of schools, cultural and museums ".
- In response to these needs, the Foundation Santo Domingo, nonprofit institution that emerged in order to effectively contribute to the development of our country, especially in the educational, technological, cultural and artistic fields was created.
- The decree 82-87, the Congress of Guatemala, in its Article 1 "Nature and Purposes", says: "Private universities as independent institutions to develop and organize corresponding private higher education of the nation, shall enjoy freedom to create their faculties, departments and institutes, develop their academic and teaching activities, as well as for the development of their plans and curricula, in order to contribute to vocational training, scientific research, dissemination culture and the study and solution of national problems ". Based on the above, the Santo Domingo Foundation decided to create Galileo University.
We promote the evolution of human thought, revolutionizing higher education.
Our mission is the training of professionals with world-class academic excellence, a high spirit of justice and human and ethical values at the service of our society, incorporating science and contemporary technology. We are committed to our country to give opportunity to access university studies to all persons regardless of race, social status or geographical location Our goal is the formation of real participants in solving problems of social development of the Guatemalan community. We are an educational institution that promotes the use of science and technology to solve national problems.
This school offers programs in: