Here at GISMA, we are 100 percent committed to providing high-quality business education to those looking to further their career in various industry sectors.
Successfully combining theory with practice, GISMA fills the gap between conventional university study and the shifting requirements of today’s global marketplace. GISMA’s graduates have aspired to such sectors as: banking, financial services, engineering, mechanical engineering, oil and gas, information technology, consulting, and business services.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education, namely MBAs (Master of Business Administration), DBAs (Doctorate of Business Administration) and MBMs (Masters in Business and Management). Established in 1967, they currently accredit programs at over 200 business schools in more than 70 different countries. The MBA programs delivered at and by GISMA have been AMBA-accredited since 2011.
Our professors are highly devoted professionals, always willing to engage in academic discussion, even outside of the classroom. Our faculty have many years of experience, both academic and industry related, and each faculty member is an expert in their respective field, many with PhDs.
We ensure that our students engage in as much hands-on experience as possible, and where better to do that than the dynamic cities of Hannover, or Berlin? With external visits to companies, and Careers Center support available to both GISMA's students and graduates, we understand how important it is for our students to understand how the working world operates.
Moreover, international graduates of degree programs in Germany are allowed to stay in the country for 18 months to search for employment or pursue invaluable work experience opportunities.
GISMA's campuses are located in the heart of Hannover and Berlin, Germany. Rich in culture and history, with plenty of business opportunities, Hannover and Berlin are great places to study your master's degree or an executive business program. With many companies around to provide the chance of work experience, there’s also a wealth of sights and amenities to keep you entertained at weekends.
Although GISMA is located in Germany, courses are taught in English – the world’s foremost language when it comes to business. International MBA students can take the opportunity to attend German language classes as part of their course at no extra cost. Having the necessary language skills will enable them to pursue job opportunities in Germany or elsewhere in Europe. Our alumni come from as many as 60 different countries, and our students are taught by professors from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Our vision conveys what GISMA Business School stands for, defines our values and aids transparency, allowing you to understand exactly what we do and why, as well as what we have to offer.
- GISMA educates individuals to be responsible members of the global business community.
- GISMA stands for practice-oriented and inspiring management education at the highest academic level that enables students to be engaged in life-long learning.
- GISMA cooperates with a network of globally operating organizations and supports the business community in its internationalization process by preparing international students for the German economy and all students for the international economy.
GISMA Business School:
- Works towards becoming the most international business school in Germany, valuing high diversity among students, faculty, staff and collaboration partners;
- Deems itself to be a school for business and employers, generating global insights, adjusting them to local conditions, and vice versa;
- Focuses on developing individuals into effective change agents for both the German and the international economy;
- Bridges the gap between education and the corporate sector, applying varied views of best practice to maximize students' readiness to join the business world;
- Addresses the challenges of a competitive market environment with relevance to customers and distinctiveness to competitors;
- Provides a modern infrastructure and an inspiring learning environment that mirrors the unique character of a signature business school.
Education at GISMA Business School:
- Merges business experience and practice with academia and theory through customized, experiential and interactive learning;
- Strives for the development of a new kind of business leader, valuing the role of business in society, corporate sustainability, ethical awareness and stakeholder interests;
- Increases knowledge about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) and bridges natural and social sciences in hybrid forms;
- Applies blended learning and digital technologies to complement human abilities and understands how digital disruption is changing the human condition;
- Is rooted in a liberal arts context and integrates a humanity-minded approach that stays adaptable and reactive in a rapidly changing world;
- Places language learning and communication skills at the forefront enabling students with rhetorical and client-facing skills to meet interpersonal and cross-cultural challenges.
In fulfilling its aims, GISMA has the following values:
- We strongly value diversity in the backgrounds, ideas, strengths, interests, and experiences of our students, faculty and staff
- We strongly believe in the positive power of change as a motor for continuous improvement and innovation.
Ethics & Responsibility
- We create an environment of honesty, transparency and trust, and hold ourselves and our students with the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- We are committed to excellence in all our endeavors.
This school offers programs in: