Choosing IRIS Sup 'is the guarantee of a training recognized by the State, adapted to the requirements of the world of work, intended for those who wish to exercise or evolve professionally in an international context
IRIS Sup ', the school of IRIS
Created by IRIS in 2002, IRIS Sup 'is a private institution of technical higher education registered at the Rectorate of Paris which aims to train students and professionals in various professions in an international context.
It issues Level I qualifications registered in the National Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP) by order of 23 February 2017, published in the Official Journal of 3 March 2017.
Geopolitics and professional practice
The IRIS Sup 'courses offer students:
- to acquire the knowledge necessary to understand international issues and to develop their capacity for analysis and proposals to help decision-making in organizations;
- professional tools, with an important part devoted to learning by simulation and professional development, from the 1st year;
- to mature and set up their professional project in dedicated workshops.
Promotions rich in their diversity
At IRIS Sup ', no clones. Student or professional, French or foreign, each comes with his background, his experience, his objectives, and will enrich, throughout the year, the lessons as the diversity of origin of students and stakeholders.
IRIS Sup 'welcomes each year about 20% of students representing thirty nationalities.
As English is required in any international activity, some courses are taught in this language.
Follow-up and pedagogical supervision
With more than 240 students in class, IRIS Sup 'remains a structure in which anonymity has no place. At the beginning of the year, each student signs an internal regulation, which will govern his relations with the teachers and the pedagogical team. The presence in progress is obligatory and the work must be done within the fixed deadlines. The dialogue with the administration is constant: whether it is a question of administrative or pedagogical, each student will always find an interlocutor.
IRIS Sup 'students have a work room where the headlines of the French and international press are available to them, as well as 200 magazines on CAIRN. Several computer stations with office suite, Internet and Wifi, are open access.
Open courses on the professional world
- An organization favorable to the alternation studies / practice: internships or jobs 3 days a week, in parallel of the courses from October to May, then full-time from June to December.
- Contact with professionals: all stakeholders work in companies, associations, international organizations or the senior civil service. Their courses combine theoretical contributions, practical applications and daily experience of functions in an international environment.
- Association with IRIS activities: In parallel with their courses, IRIS Sup 'students can attend conferences and collaborate on IRIS activities.
- The alumni network: created in 2008, the IRIS Alumni Association aims to bring together a network that now has more than 1,700 graduates!
- An internship office: an internship manager publishes the ads offered to students that she also receives for personalized advice. IRIS Sup 'students are now appreciated by hundreds of private companies and public organizations.
Choose your diploma
IRIS Sup 'offers courses in applied geopolitics leading to two state-recognized Level 1 titles: International Strategy Analyst (ASI) and Humanitarian Manager (MH). Accessible with a tray 3, the courses last two years. Holders of a baccalaureate 4 can apply directly in the 2nd year.
1st year at IRIS Sup' (tray 4)
The private diploma of fundamental studies in International Relations (IR 1) sanctions the first year at IRIS Sup '. A must for students with no professional experience, this year can also allow students with a scientific degree to gain a solid foundation on political, economic and diplomatic issues, before choosing a field of specialization in the second year.
2nd year courses (baccalaureate 5)
International Strategy Analyst [ASI]
3 courses to develop your analytical, action and decision support skills in international environments:
- Defense, security and crisis management.
- Geoeconomics and risk management
Humanitarian Manager [MH]
A core curriculum aimed at developing its field intervention field analysis skills, project cycle management (PCM) and programming skills, with three pathways (strategic, operational, advocacy and communication). 'influence). Skills are acquired by working on projects in partnership with NGOs or associations.
Points common to all formations
The selection (eligibility on file, admission on interview), the pace of studies, the geopolitical mix and professional practices, professional speakers recognized in their field, are the common characteristics.
The methods of validation of the training, adapted to each course, are close: continuous control (attendance, presentations, reading notes, exercises, simulations, etc.), exams (February and end of May); completion of a thesis and oral defense; internship report (September).
The courses are sanctioned by level 1 qualifications (level 5) registered in the National Directory of professional certifications *. Partnerships make it possible to validate masters 2 in parallel.
This school offers programs in: