The Departments of Business of the universities of Joensuu and Kuopio were merged on 1 September 2009 to constitute the business and management studies of the University of Eastern Finland. Business School has campuses in Joensuu and Kuopio. Our main purpose is to provide high-quality education and research.
We educate students towards degrees in Economic Sciences at Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral levels. Our theme areas are Accounting and Finance (Kuopio Campus), Business and Law (Joensuu Campus), Innovation Management (Kuopio Campus), and Service Management (Joensuu Campus).
The mission of Business School emphasizes cross-disciplinary and internationally acknowledged approaches to research and teaching. Our aim is also to contribute to the development of local business life and the wellbeing of society as a whole.
Following our mission we excel in:
- scientific research-based teaching
- fruitful cooperation with local enterprises in teaching and research
- the teaching was given by pedagogically trained teachers who are dedicated to the development of teaching methods.
We are honored to have student exchange agreements with more than 20 universities across the world. Each year dozens of exchange students study at the Business School for one or two semesters. For visiting students, we provide a wide range of business courses also in English.
Business School offers three international Master's Degree Programmes:
- Master's Degree Programme in Innovation Management
- Master's Degree Programme in Tourism Marketing and Management
- Master´s Degree Programme in International Business and Sales Management
This school offers programs in: