What is EIT RawMaterials and how can I contribute to their mission?
EIT RawMaterials is the largest and strongest consortium in the raw materials sector worldwide. Its vision is a European Union where raw materials are a major strength. EIT RawMaterials aims to train the next generation of raw materials experts, offering prospective students the unique opportunity to learn holistically about raw materials and circular economy challenges through the lens of entrepreneurship and innovation. During and after graduating from EIT RawMaterials Labelled programmes, the classroom becomes a laboratory, ideas are converted to solutions and graduates become societal game-changers.
EIT RawMaterials is part of a unique European initiative: EIT, the European Institute of Innovation and Technology. EIT’s educational mission is to raise a new generation of innovators in Europe with an entrepreneurial mindset. The EIT Label is a certificate of quality that is awarded only to excellent educational programmes at the Master and Doctoral level.
As a student of an EIT RawMaterials Labelled programme, you will be part of the largest global raw materials partnership – with more than 100 partners from 20 EU countries coming from academia, research institutions and industry.
Your collaboration will contribute to the EIT RawMaterials vision of finding new, innovative solutions to secure the sustainable supply of raw materials across the entire raw materials value chain – from mining to extraction, processing to reuse, recycling and circular economy strategies.
Are you interested in:
- Becoming a global game-changer?
- Collaborating internationally to develop creative and sustainable solutions to resource and societal challenges?
- Gaining practical experience in your chosen industry sector, rather than only learning theory in a lecture hall?
- Getting involved in a dynamic start-up scene?
- Enhancing your educational experience and obtaining dual/joint degrees by spending each semester at different top universities?
- Becoming part of the EIT Alumni Community?
Then the EIT RawMaterials Labelled programmes are for you!
About the Academy
The RawMaterials Academy is the overarching brand of all the educational activities of the EIT RawMaterials. These range from innovative education projects launched via calls and run by the KIC’s partners to a number of centrally operated projects. Activities across the entire ecosystem of learners – PhD students, Masters’ students, industrial partners, professionals within the raw materials sector, and wider society – foster new ways of learning and teaching by linking academia, industry and research organisations. The aims of the RawMaterials Academy are:
- To introduce society as a whole to the importance and relevance of raw materials and incite interest in topics related to raw materials
- To train current and future stakeholders to the technical standards required by the raw materials industry today – contextually across the full raw materials value chain
- To foster the entrepreneurial and innovation skills, knowledge and attitudes needed for the entre- and intrapreneurs of tomorrow
To this end, the RawMaterials Academy offers education programmes through four strands:
- Master’s Education
- PhD Education
- Lifelong Learning
- Wider Society Learning
In addition to activities across these four areas, various educational events and workshops are organised both centrally and through the Co-location Centres over the entire year. One of these is the Raw Materials University Days. Please keep an eye on the Events page for more information!
This school offers programs in: