ÅBO AKADEMI UNIVERSITY Breaking boundaries
- Swedish-language university in Finland
- Inspiring – International – Individual
The task of Åbo Akademi University is to provide an open university environment for quality research and studies with a Nordic and international anchorage. Åbo Akademi University is particularly tasked with educating Swedish- speaking experts to satisfy the future needs in Finland.
By breaking boundaries Åbo Akademi University, is widely noted for scholarship at the highest scientific level within its profile areas, and for a Swedish-speaking environment for internationally competitive research and education.
ÅAU in a nutshell
- Founded in 1918
- Campuses in Åbo, Vasa and Jakobstad.
- Activities also in Helsinki and on the Åland Islands
- 5,500 undergraduate students
- 780 postgraduate students
- A total of 1,200 employees, 650 working in education and research
- Overall annual budget ca 101 million euros
- 38 million external funding
- 1,400 scientific publications annually
- Top quality education and research
- An acknowledged position at the forefront of research in biotechnology, computer science, chemical combustion, human rights, material sciences, process chemistry and psychology
- Friendly and welcoming environment in the oldest university town in Finland
- Close to the unique, beautiful archipelago with over 20,000 islands
- Active student union
- Student apartments and rooms at a reasonable price
- Versatile student culture
- > 60 student associations
- ESN for international students
- Excursions, parties, language exchange, traditional student festivities
An international university
- 1000 international students
- About 380 of them are exchange students
- International students from 80 countries
- About 200 ÅAU-students abroad in different exchange programmes
- 9 international masters programmes taught in English.
This school offers programs in: