Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) at Mendel University in Brno was established in 1959 and is the oldest business school in Moravia. It has accreditation for all degree levels: Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D. In recent accreditation the school received the highest rating (ranking in group A) as a one of the best schools from a total of 21 business schools in the Czech Republic.
PEF is a modern and constantly developing school, which follows trends in education and research. It offers both economic and IT study programs at all three levels of university education in Czech and in English. There are nearly 4,000 applicants on average each year. In 2011-2015 FBE was evaluated as the best business school in Moravia and the 3rd best business school in the Czech Republic. Both in the rankings by Hospodářské noviny, and in the competition “Faculty of the Year”, elected by the students themselves, the FBE ranked 1st place in Moravia in the section of business schools.
Faculty is located at the university campus in a modern building Q, which was awarded as the "Building of the Year 2005". The building is equipped with a Wi-Fi, free use of the computer lab, lecture rooms and classrooms where lessons take place.
Apply to enrol
Faculty of Business and Economics at Mendel University in Brno is a modern and constantly developing school, which tracks trends in education and research. It offers education in economics, business administration and computer science at all study degrees (bachelor´s, master´s and doctorate)both in Czech and English. Each year there are more than 4,000 applicants. The school has received awards for the best business schoolin Moravia several years in a row.
Courses are designed so as to be readily usable in practice, which improves the quality ofgraduates and their success in the “real world” of business. Graduates find jobs in business sector, European institutions, financial sector, public administration, as well as information managers and designers of IT systems. Students have the opportunity to complete part of their studies abroad at prestigious universities around the world. In addition to all of Europe, for example in the U.S., and Thailand. Lessons are held in a new modern pavilion Q, which is fully air-conditioned, lecture halls are equipped with modern multimedia technology, classrooms offer access to cutting-edge information and communication technologies.
Each candidate for study in degree programs offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics MENDELU must complete the admissions process. Since 2001 admission procedure takes place twice a year, depending on the term also the studies start with either the winter semester or the summer semester.
Admission terms approved by the Academic Senate of FBE include among other useful information all details about dates, entrance exams, and the conditions for remission of need to pass entrance exams in order to be accepted. Admission terms are published on the official information board of the faculty.
After familiarization with the current conditions of the admission procedure, you can submit an electronic application form.
Information about dates for SCIO tests, visit www.scio.cz, where you will also find sample tests.
The deadline for bachelor´s degree application: March 21, 2016
Deadline for master´s degree application (studies beginning in February 2016): November 2, 2015
Deadline for master´s degree application (studies beginning in September 2016): April 11, 2016
The deadline for doctoral degree application: May 31, 2016
Dates of entrance exams for bachelor´s degree applicants: April 20-24, 2016
Dates of entrance exams for the master's degree: June 6-10, 2016
Dates of entrance exams for doctoral studies: June 29, 2016
Why Faculty of Business and Economics?
- Has provided university studies for more than 50 years
- accredited member of European Council for Business Education
- follows up-to-date trends in education
- offers study programmes in English at bachelor, master and PhD level
- offers modern and friendly environment
- offers up-to date study facilities
- has complete Wi-Fi coverage
- offers computer labs, virtual reality lab, network lab, eye-tracking lab, CISCO, ...
- instruction in one university campus
- offers rest zones, canteen, cafe, arboretum
- sufficient dormitory capacity for international students
- buddy programme and orientation week for international students
- varied selection of sport activities
- Strategic geographical location in the heart of Europe with excellent accessibility (Prague – 200 km, Vienna – 120 km, Bratislava – 120 km)
- City of students – 6 public universities with 30 faculties and 6 private universities with large proportion of international students
- Rich cultural life – theatres, cinemas, galleries, museums, festivals and cultural events
- Centre of South-Moravian region – beautiful surroundings with many historical and natural sights and the area of vineyards
- Excellent and cheap beer, fine wine and traditional cuisine
This school offers programs in: