The Catholic University of Maule is an institution of higher education founded by the Most Excellent Bishop of the Diocese of Talca, Monsignor Carlos González Cruchaga, by Decree dated July 10, 1991.
Derived from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, as Regional Headquarters of the Maule founded in March 1970, therefore, it is a legal successor in academic and patrimonial matters.
It participates of the legal personality of public right of the Catholic Church, is person in conformity with the Chilean legislation, recognized by the State like University derived from the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, according to Decree N ° 930 of the Ministry of Finance of the 15 of October of 1991.
The term of its headquarters condition posed to the University the need to independently define its future work, based on accumulated experience, to assume the challenges represented by its existence as an autonomous university.
In this way, the Catholic University of Maule is an institution with full autonomy, understood as the right to decide for itself, in accordance with its Statutes and Regulations, everything concerning the fulfillment of its objectives.
Among the main achievements of its history as a university and its autonomous university are: the effort of the university community to create a space in the Maule Region for the training of professionals, imbued with a true Christian spirit at the service of society; the community of teachers and disciples that has been gestating through dialogue; concern for regional culture and its development; and responsibility and efficiency in the administration of human and material resources.
The Catholic University of Maule contributes to the evangelizing mission of the Church and assumes the challenges of the Region of Maule and Chile through:
The cultivation of thought, the sciences, the arts and culture, from the Christian perspective.
The formation of integral professionals, with a critical, constructive vision and a Christian orientation of the world, who assume the challenges of the environment delivering solutions that guide the development of the communities and organizations in which they are inserted and respecting the environment.
The development of programs that contribute to the generation of relevant knowledge, aimed at providing sustainable and socially responsible solutions, regarding the needs of the environment, adding value to the initiatives that foster research, innovation and technology transfer.
The Catholic University of Maule is projected as a university community with an identity based on Christian values, capable of leading processes of change and reflecting excellence and quality in their work.
A university that forms integral people with vocation of service, protagonists and drivers of change and development in the region, the country and the world.
A regional university with quality research and knowledge delivery in accordance with the needs of the environment and its sustainability.
Why study at UCM?
- Because the Catholic University of Maule is a higher education institution with a public and traditional vocation, non-profit and accredited for 5 years in the areas of institutional management, undergraduate teaching and linkage with the environment.
- Because we have 87% of our accredited accredited careers.
- Because 84% of our academics have a postgraduate degree.
- Because it has more than 15 agreements with international entities for student mobility outside the country.
- Because we have strengthened our network of practice centers, present in more than 20 cities in the regions of Maule, O'Higgins and Metropolitana.
- Because we support our students through an extensive list of scholarships and internal benefits.
- Because we are sports power for Chile. We have 16 sports teams in disciplines such as athletics, basketball, sports climbing, soccer, rhythmic gymnastics, artistic gymnastics, handball, volleyball, tennis, table tennis, weightlifting, rugby, swimming, taekwondo and karate.
- Because you can have access to all the activities of the Extension Centers of Talca and Curicó and attend film, theater, artistic shows and exhibitions, among others.
- Because you will have primary care and health evaluation. You will be admitted free of charge to medical, psychological, kinesiological, nursing and dental consultations (with minimum payment of attention)
This school offers programs in: