The Louvain School of Management (LSM) is the management school of the Université Catholique de Louvain, one of the oldest universities in Europe which were founded in 1425. The Louvain School of Management holds a leading position in the French-speaking part of Belgium and has gained international recognition for excellence. The LSM is ranked 1st Business school in Belgium for its Master in Business Engineering (Financial Times 2013). The school’s constant improvements to achieve higher quality are internationally acknowledged by EQUIS as well as by the CEMS and PIM networks for which the LSM is the only Belgian member. The core value of the school is “Excellence and Ethics in Business”. In particular, the school has explicitly defined “excellence” as scientific rigor, openness to the world and entrepreneurship while “ethics” refers to humanism, critical thinking, and responsible citizenship. By tradition and by choice its mission is to put human values at the heart of decisions. Consequently, our key mission is to educate and train future responsible and open-minded leaders. Each year, 1600 students including about 450 international students, take our Master’s or Ph.D. programme in French or English. Research undertaken by the school – led by its staff and mainly organized around our five centers of excellence – is published in more than 100 academic articles in journals each year.
Louvain-la-Neuve: an international, lively and friendly city campus
Louvain-la-Neuve (LLN) is located close to Brussels, the capital of Europe. LLN offers UCL’s 27 000 students and the town’s growing population, a wide variety of facilities and services, as well as cultural, sport and leisure activities: theatres, cinema, music halls, extensive sports facilities and one of the largest shopping malls in the region. A university community and a population of more than 120 nationalities live in LLN. A unique architectural concept gives the priority to pedestrians in the center; streets, squares, and green spaces intertwine, making it an extraordinarily pleasant and secure city to live in.
A TASTE OF LSM
- N°1 in Belgium for the Master in Business Engineering (Financial Times Rankings 2011, 2013)
- Top 10 for the CEMS-MIM programme (FT Ranking since 2005)
- 1200 Master students
- 20 000 Alumni
- 230 Core faculty and guest professors
- 2 campuses: Louvain-la-Neuve and Mons
- ILSM - Research Institute which includes over 90 active Ph.D. students
- EQUIS accredited
- CEMS: unique Belgian Member
- PIM: unique Belgian Member
- 145 exchange agreements with key universities spread over 5 continents
The Louvain School of Management offers global, flexible and responsible programs:
- in a fully-fledged university environment, offering opportunities for meaningful interdisciplinary and multicultural exchanges;
- close to the political capital of the European Union and the EU’s decision-makers;
- with their roots in centers of excellence and in-house research;
- as well as personalized programs, including highly specialized options;
- taught by a large affiliated faculty staff from the business community and the political world;
- on the basis of active and participatory teaching methods;
- in the spirit of a long humanist tradition that is now being applied to topical issues;
- with good preparation for the many challenges involved in an international career;
- focused on putting human values at the heart of decision-making.
INTERNATIONAL NETWORKS AND ACCREDITATIONS
CEMS member since 1989. Unique CEMS member within Belgium, the LSM is, therefore, the unique entry point for the prestigious CEMS Master’s in International Management (MIM). Founded in 1988, CEMS is a global alliance of leading business schools, multinational companies, and NGOs that together offer the CEMS Master in International Management (MIM). The CEMS MIM is a pre-experience postgraduate degree open to high-caliber, internationally minded, multilingual students enrolled in a Master's in Management program at one of the CEMS member schools. Today the CEMS community comprises 30 schools across 5 continents, 75 corporate partners (multinational companies), 4 social partners (NGOs), over 1.200 CEMS students and over 10.000 alumni of over 85 nationalities, speaking 60+ languages and working in 75 countries. The CEMS MIM is ranked in the top 10 of the Financial Times ranking since 2005. Unique PIM member in Belgium since 1990. The Partnership in International Management or PIM is a consortium of top business schools from around the world that exchanges select graduate students for one academic term. Additional top schools joined the community recently, growing the PIM network to 60 business schools worldwide. Member institutions share reputations for upholding the highest degree of academic excellence both regionally and globally, and value the organization's spirit of international cooperation among its students, faculty and administrations. EQUIS accredited since 2006. EQUIS is a quality label awarded to the best business schools which demonstrate high general quality in all dimensions of their activities as well as high degree of internationalization and which deliver high quality education in international management. 145 exchange agreements with key universities spread over 5 continents.
This school offers programs in: