The Faculty of Bioscience Engineering within Ghent University is a European research leader in the field of applied biological and life sciences or bioengineering.
We educate generations of scientists in leading-edge research and high impact work with governments and communities, industry and NGOs, to support innovation and sustainability in life sciences while managing and protecting natural and man-made ecosystems.
Excellence in Research-Driven Education
Leading faculty in Europe in international education programs related to life sciences, biological, physical and chemical sciences, with more than 40 years of experience in international cooperation.
- 1,000 Bioscience Engineering students
- 680 Engineering Technology students
- More than 400 international students
- 150 professors
- 1,000 academics
- Campus Coupure (Gent, Belgium)
- Campus Schoonmeersen (Gent, Belgium)
- Campus Kortrijk (Kortrijk, Belgium)
- Ghent University-Global Campus (Incheon, South Korea)
- Plants and crops
- Animal sciences and aquatic ecology
- Food technology, safety and health
- Green chemistry and technology
- Data analysis and mathematical modeling
- Agricultural economics
Mikali / Pixabay
This school offers programs in: