Master of China Studies Zhejiang University International Business School
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is the first in China to grant a master's degree in China Studies approved by the Ministry of Education. Compared to similar programs in the country, the Master of China Studies (MCS) program has the largest enrollment, with the most complete curriculum and the most extensive international cooperation. It is a model brand of ZJU in high-level international education. In November 2014, the Zhejiang University Institute of China Studies (ICS) was established.
- Chinese Language
- Introduction to China
- Academic Writing of China Studies
- Lecture Series on China Studies
- Social Research Methods
- Topic: Intercultural Competence
- Media in China
- Special Topic: China's Foreign Policy
- China's Macroeconomic and Social Development
- Special Topic: China's Urban Economic Development
- China's Industrial Structure and Innovation
- Special Topic: China's Fin-Tech Innovation
- History of Classical Chinese Thought
- Women, Media, and Chinese Society
- Special Topic: China's Marketing
- Special Topic: China's International Trade
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Application Guide for Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship –Youth of Excellence Scheme of China (YES China) Program is a full scholarship program, established by the Ministry of Education of China, aiming to provide educational opportunities to outstanding talents worldwide who share a global vision, and possess excellent leadership capability and cross-cultural competence.
Coverage of the scholarship: Full Scholarship
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Stipend（granted in accordance with relevant standards）;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Master program in China Studies
- Duration of studies: One year
- Teaching language: English
When and how to apply
Application deadline: April 30th,2023
Applicants must log in to the CSC Online Application System for Study in China (Link), clearly fill in, and upload complete application materials as required.
The scholarship is Type A in the CSC system, the agency number is 1563.
- Applicants (under 45 years old) must be non-Chinese citizens with good physical and psychological health.
- Bachelor's degree or above, with at least 3 years of work experience. Those with related education or working background will be preferred.
- Applicants must be senior governmental officials, senior management staff of institutions and enterprises, administrative staff of colleges and universities, or those with work experience or internship in International Organizations.
- Pre-admission notice from Zhejiang University. Applicants who would like to apply for Pre-admission Notice must log in to the Online Application System for International Students, Zhejiang University (Link) to complete the online application by filling in the required information. After completing the online application, ZJU Application Form should be downloaded and sent to the Email address for the Master’s Degree Program: [email protected] Zhejiang University will issue a Pre-admission notice to qualified applicants who meet the university’s academic requirements.
Documents for application
- A photocopy of my passport.
- Highest degree certificates.
- Academic transcripts.
- Language proficiency certificates.
- Certificate of employment or proof of work experience.
- Personal statement.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number, and email address must be put on the letter.)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form(Click the filename to download), the examination results are valid for 6 months.
- Non-Criminal Record Certificate, valid for 6 months.
Review of Scholarship Application & Notification of Results
China Scholarship Council will process applications and review documents directly, and make a final decision on the award of the Scholarship.
The Name list of CSC Scholarship-YES China Program Awardees will be published on the website of the International College, Zhejiang University in June 2023.
- Students of the YES China Program are managed according to the relevant regulations of the Chinese Government Scholarship.
- The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
Note: Should there be any change in the above content, the final interpretation from the International College of Zhejiang University shall prevail. Please pay attention to the update of the website of the International College in time.