MSc in Engineering (Electrical & Electronic)
Wrexham Glyndwr University
Wrexham, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 5,940 / per year
Earliest start date
Progress to the next level in your career.
Industry software tools such as VEE, MULTISIM and MATLAB used extensively.
Develop. key skills in design, modelling and analysis of circuit design.
Key course features
- This course will help to prepare students for fast-changing roles in E&E Engineering.
- Specialism's within the programme feature modern power electronics and drive systems, combined with their controlling mechanisms and modelling, using MATLAB and state-space models.
- You will study the design, modelling and test algorithms for complex assemblies, and learn how to analyse circuit designs for both low and high frequencies.
- Software development is also an integral part of a modern E&E Engineers' role and to support this, software tools such as VEE, MULTISIM and MATLAB are used extensively in the course.
Why choose this course?
Electrical and Electronic Engineering is now an important part of many cutting-edge industries.
- In the automotive industry, Electronic and Electrical Engineers are required to design engine control units, dashboard indicators, air-conditioning, safety, braking, and infotainment systems.
- They are also involved with signalling and advanced railway control systems, as well as telecoms for mobile phone applications. There are also many roles for them in the energy industries, designing and running complex control systems such as those needed to run the National Grid or to control a nuclear power station.
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering graduates are also desired for the fast-moving consumer goods industry, such as in the development of the latest smart screens and the use of intelligent transducers in both industrial and home automation environments.
What you will study
- Engineering Research Methods & Postgraduate Studies
- Engineering Design & Innovation
- Engineering Systems Modelling & Simulation
- Advanced Control Engineering & System Analysis
- Power Electronics, Drives & Energy Systems
- Circuit Design and Electronic Testing
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Our Careers and employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps toward a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
The course equips you with a thorough knowledge and skills in engineering at the forefront of new and emerging technologies. Graduates will be well placed to become subject specialists within the industry or to pursue research careers within academia.