MSc in Computer Science
Wrexham Glyndwr University
Wrexham, United Kingdom
1 - 2 year
Full time, Part time
GBP 5,940 / per year
Earliest start date
Online modules allow flexible independent learning from anywhere.
Research activities to get involved with in the university's research centre.
Opportunity to take external assessments for Cisco qualifications.
Key course features
- Opportunity to study a variety of skills in depth, ranging from commercial programming and mobile application development to computer networking.
- Lectures/tutorials and practical sessions are enhanced with additional online modules, allowing you to continue independent learning through a variety of approaches.
- Taught by staff leading research into the areas of application development and computer networks.
- Research activities are associated with the university’s research centre.
- Learning progresses from design and development to the building and debugging of applications and networks.
- Options to take external Cisco certification qualifications.
Why choose this course?
The computing sector is continuously evolving, so the need to develop and maintain your skills to ensure you remain at the forefront is essential.
- This industry-focused programme is specifically designed for graduates from computing disciplines to take the next step and hone their skills to meet contemporary industrial and commercial needs, by studying essential core subjects and specialist, modern, in-demand areas.
- Mixing a variety of study methods, including lectures and tutorials with online modules, students will also be required to undertake a personal study.
- You will also be able to investigate cutting-edge technologies, implement and test novel solutions, or develop and analyse original areas of associated technology as part of your dissertation.
What you will study
Students will study 6 core modules of 20 credits each, followed by a 60 credit dissertation, making a total of 180 credits.
- Security and Risk Management
- Postgraduate Study & Research Methods
- Networking Hardware and Software
- Internet and Mobile Application Development
- Software Development - Object-Oriented Programming
- Technological Horizon-Scanning
The information listed in this section is an overview of the academic content of the programme that will take the form of either core or option modules. Modules are designated as core or option in accordance with professional body requirements and internal academic framework review, so may be subject to change.
Our Careers & Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to put greater focus on your future career in the field of commercial programme development or other educational paths. You will have gained the knowledge and confidence necessary to continue to develop professionally in the workplace. You may also decide to take the opportunity to progress to the higher-level academic investigation.
Previous students have gone on to pursue careers as:
- Software Developers
- Computing Consultants
- Academic Researchers
- Teachers in 6th Form Colleges and Schools